Working Out in Pittsburgh!

Options
Hi everyone, a bit about me:

My name is Malina and I'm from the Pittsburgh area. I just started working out last week after joining Planet Fitness. I've fallen in love with them and since they are a no judgement zone, I'm excited and keep looking forward to working out!

At my heaviest I was about 285lbs/size 26 and lost weight (mostly due to stress/poor appetite, no extra exercise) down to 220-225/size 16 where I've been for about 6 months now. My goal is to lose another 45lbs to reach my goal of 180. I don't want to become too thin, so this number seems to suit my height (5'9) as well as my build.

I've been doing at least 30-45 minutes of cardio and 20ish minutes of strength training on the machines there. So far, no further weight loss but a few pounds gained (which I know is normal from building some muscle).

I'd love to meet and possibly work out with some people in the area. Currently I'm going every other day but would like to sneak in a bit more time if possible (he is often too tired at work to spend more than an hour in the gym each session) and it's much easier and more fun with someone else present.

So yeah. Hi, I'm new here!

Replies

• ShayShayJo
    Options
    Hello my name is Shay I'm from beaver county, I'm 238 and just joined planet fitness myself if your are looking for a workout buddy feel free to msg me. ;)

Good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • buckwheat30us
    buckwheat30us Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am also from beaver county and also joined PF . I have tried to get there every night since they opened
  • cmitchell1989
    cmitchell1989 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am signing up for pf by the end of the month and looking for a workout buddy...but the closest pf is in Edgewood.