Meditetranean Eating

Options
Hey anyone eating a Mediterranean way of eating? Is it working for you? Can I view your food diary?

TIA :happy:

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,016 Member
    Options
    The modern description is a watered down version. In reality it is as diverse as the Countries, Cities and villages that surround the Med. The longevity of people from the Med has much to do with many of the other factors that don't pertain to the diet, like culture, activity, social network, stress levels work philosophy etc. My diet could be described as one that encompasses that way of life, but I don't call it a Med diet, I just choose to consume foods that are in my immediate locale and I'm lucky enough to live in a rural area that caters to farmers, chefs, wineries and artists. Most of my food is minimally processed and I'm happy that this is where my journey has taken me.
  • 199WillDo
    199WillDo Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    The modern description is a watered down version. In reality it is as diverse as the Countries, Cities and villages that surround the Med. The longevity of people from the Med has much to do with many of the other factors that don't pertain to the diet, like culture, activity, social network, stress levels work philosophy etc. My diet could be described as one that encompasses that way of life, but I don't call it a Med diet, I just choose to consume foods that are in my immediate locale and I'm lucky enough to live in a rural area that caters to farmers, chefs, wineries and artists. Most of my food is minimally processed and I'm happy that this is where my journey has taken me.

I do understand that the culture plays a very pivotal role however, I want to change to an eating lifestyle that is not as processed as the offerings of our country. I am used to more pre packaged prepared foods and want to change that up.

"If you always do what you've always done you get the same results" author IDK

Thanks for your reply
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    I am used to more pre packaged prepared foods and want to change that up.

If you list some of the packaged foods you typically eat.. to give us an idea of the foods you like.. we can post some healthier alternatives.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Hey anyone eating a Mediterranean way of eating?

You'll have to define it more precisely than that. Moroccans eat differently than Libyans who eat differently than Egyptians who eat different than Israelis who eat different than Turks who eat differently than Balkans who eat differently than Italians who eat differently than French who eat differently than Spaniards.