Really upset plzzz look at my diary

Options
2»

Replies

• Sammfp
    Sammfp Posts: 21
    Options
    Thank you to everyone that replied, your comments have really made sense and helped a lot I think I needed to hear this from other people who have gone through the same experience in now realise that I've been putting to much pressure on myself and to high of expectations so thank you all for the advice :-)
  • Sammfp
    Options
    Punctuation is your friend.

Sorry, couldn't get through your post.

I was asking for advice, this is a supportive forum and if you had nothing supportive to say please don't comment on petty things just for the sake of commenting, and for the record I am an English Literature teacher so I am very much acquainted with punctuation but as I said this is a forum were abbreviations are used and not everything needs to be grammatically correct, just my opinion. :-)
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options

I was asking for advice, this is a supportive forum and if you had nothing supportive to say please don't comment on petty things just for the sake of commenting, and for the record I am an English Literature teacher so I am very much acquainted with punctuation but as I said this is a forum were abbreviations are used and not everything needs to be grammatically correct, just my opinion. :-)

Both spelling and punctuation should be innate to your writing, supportive forum or not, because it makes it easier to read.

Perhaps adjust your expectations for both the forum and your weight loss.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

I stand by my comment. Best of luck on your journey and thanks for posting this with punctuation.
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    14 pounds in 5 weeks is GREAT!!! Keep up the good work!
  • Sammfp
    Options

Both spelling and punctuation should be innate to your writing, supportive forum or not, because it makes it easier to read.

As stated previously, if it does not concern my original question and you don't "approve" of my typing then please mind your own business and concern yourself with your own weight loss as it would be better fitted. I have said this before mfp is for support, diet and lifestyle, there is no need for people like yourself to be ignorant to anyone or does not relate to the topic at hand there are too many people on forums and social networks who think they can belittle anyone or undermine, it's childish and I for one my dear will not let anyone try to make me feel inadequate especially over something as pathetic as a few punctuation marks, that is all thank you. :-)
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options

As stated previously, if it does not concern my original question and you don't "approve" of my typing then please mind your own business and concern yourself with your own weight loss as it would be better fitted. I have said this before mfp is for support, diet and lifestyle, there is no need for people like yourself to be ignorant to anyone or does not relate to the topic at hand there are too many people on forums and social networks who think they can belittle anyone or undermine, it's childish and I for one my dear will not let anyone try to make me feel inadequate especially over something as pathetic as a few punctuation marks, that is all thank you. :-)

are you for real? You lose 14 lbs in 5 weeks (just shy of 3lbs a week compared to the recommended 2lbs per week) and you come here crying about it, because it isn't enough. One person mentions that you seem to be adverse to punctuation and your reply is that you are an English Lit teacher and know what you are talking about. Nobody is belittling you or undermining you, but clearly you hold the rest of us to a higher standard then you hold yourself, so way to be supportive there :drinker:
  • red869
    red869 Posts: 59
    Options
    My goodness! I can only dream of losing that amount of weight in just 5 weeks.
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I looked at your goals and your diary. I'd agree with those who suggest increasing protein and fat and reducing carbohydrates. you don't seem to be using ketosis to any extent. you might try the keto calculator and reset your MFP goals around that. I'd take carbohydrates down to about 75 grams per day, you seem to be over 200 most days.

you might also try or search for those who practice carb cycling. I use a version where my carbs (still under 50-75 grams a day) are consumed in the morning so I have ketosis working for me by the time I got to sleep. Ketostix are cheap and once you find your body in ketosis the fat comes off pretty reliably.

please consider investing in a body fat scale. while there' not accurate, they are directionally accurate. please bear in mind that the exercise will cause an increase in muscle mass.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss!

1-2 pounds a week is good and healthy. Be patient and continue doing exactly what you are doing now.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

It's not childish. I gave you feedback on your post. It was one long sentence. I did nothing to make you feel inadequate, to undermine you, to belittle you. I simply told you I found it unreadable.

If someone had called me on it, I would have said, whoa, I just re-read that and yes! Sorry.
    But you choose to defend it based on your understanding of internet forum etiquette. And to do so in a snarky manner. So be it. We all choose how we interact on forums. No skin off my nose.

But my comment is still valid.

Again, best of luck on your journey.
    cheers