New Challenge Starting December 16, 2013

Options
Hi everyone, I realize its short notice but anyone want to join me in a 90 day weight loss challenge? Winner receives a $50 Amazon gift card :)

Simple rules, must weigh in on Mondays with picture of your scale showing your weight, beginning Dec. 16th. Each week you must maintain or lose. If you gain, you're automatically disqualified. At the end of the 90 days (March 16, 2014) whoever loses the highest percentage of weight wins.

Will probably create a closed group on here or Facebook to keep track.

Let me know if you're interested and post a little about yourself and your goals :)

Replies

• zeroevy
    Options
    Hi. I would like to join. I'm 5'2.5" and currently weighs 126 pounds. My goal is to lose 10 pounds by March. I would love to join the challenge.
  • cutiepie9447
    cutiepie9447 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am a 25 year old mommy of 2...I simply stopped taking care of myself because I was so focused on taking care of my kids. I am more determined than ever to lose because I realized that its important for me to be healthy in order to care for them. I am 5'7 and currently weigh 234 lbs. My MFP goal is set to 185 but my shorter term goal is to get under 200. I would love to join this challenge!
  • Courtney120913
    Options
    Great! Hopefully we can get a few others :)
  • Courtney120913
    Options
    Anyone else?
  • zummerzet_lou
    zummerzet_lou Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join if it's not too late

5"2, and this morning I weighed in at 61.1kgs
  • Superskinnie36
    Superskinnie36 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Sure I'll join. I just got recommitted to myself last week been
    doing good so far but can use the motivation. My goal is to lose
    100 lbs over all, ( not going to happen in 90 day) but this keep me focus.
    Count me in!
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm in. 48 year old Mom of 3 boys - 28, 24, and 21. I have lost 120 pounds so far and want to lose another 80 pounds. See you all tomorrow morning.
  • peteybear1
    Options
    Yes, count me in. Will post my weight in the am. 5"6 need go lose at least 20lbs in oder to get my AC1 DOWN HAS TYPE TWO DIABETES.
  • katsarolas
    Options
    I want to join too!
  • Id love to join this! I'm 19 years old in college. I'm 5'9 and as of today 178.4. I'm living on a college budget so eating healthy has been more difficult than it was before but I'm doing it. I've lost over 15lbs since restarting losing weight. My goal is to get back to 135lbs!
  • Corissia
    Corissia Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am interested in joining the Challenge I have a few questions though. Are you definitely goin to create a close group, if so are we supposed to post our weights on the group page every Monday to keep track. And when will the group be created?
  • Needachange84
    Needachange84 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I would love to join!! I lost all motivation and this may be what I need to get back on track :)

I'm a mom to a 5 yr old boy. The heaviest I have ever been was 247. I started a healthier life style this past June and by end of summer had lose 20 lbs. I kept going and got down to 221. Life start going crazy and the last I checked I was at 234 :( put on 13 lbs bleh. I definitely need to get back on track and when I first started I had a goal to reach by my 30th bday which in January. I will not reach that goal but I will work on reaching it while I'm 30 :)
  • TemikaThompson
    TemikaThompson Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My name is Temika. I'm 35 years old. I'm married with 3 children ages 12, 10, and 2. I'm from Michigan. I work in a call center. I like going to eat and the movies for fun and my kids are what keeps me motivated. I want to lose 2 lbs per week. I weigh 182 lbs and a size 14 in clothes going into a 12 clothing size. My final goal is to be at 125 lbs by June 20th the day before summer :smile:
  • KatiexKat
    Options
    I'd love to be a part of this also. I recently bought a gym membership so I've been visiting the gym every other day, and I've been eating healthier. I think this would be a good motivator for going to the gym too, and working harder to take off a few more pounds. I know I'm probably the youngest one here (almost 16), but I am tired of being wayyy overweight. I weight 196.8 right now, and I really would like to be down in the 170's or 180's by the summer time (3 months isn't summer yet, but I'd still be working at my goal. All in all I'd like to lose a good 60 lbs). Anyway, I think this is a great idea.

~Katie (:
  • Ali_p7
    Ali_p7 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Ali. I'm a wife, mother to a 2 year old girl & I work full time in HR. I lost almost 50 lbs starting in late 2012 & early 2013. I used Weight Watchers online & spark people. I workout 4-5 times a week but my eating habits have slipped & I've gained 15 lbs back since summer... I recently stopped paying for WW & was looking for a god mobile app to replace it. SP's app has terrible reviews & MFP has great reviews! So, that's what brought me to MFP. I saw this challenge & thought it would be a great motivator! I'll weigh in tomorrow with my pic!
    Thanks Courtney for starting the challenge!!!
  • onematch
    onematch Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'll join, but someone will have to give me details instructions on how to post a photo of my scale. I'm photo in post challenged.
  • Courtney120913
    Options
    Wow, wasn't expecting all the responses..very glad!! I will create a group with further instruction shortly.. :)
  • Courtney120913
    Options
    Ok, I created the group..I invited everyone, if you didn't get an invite pls message me and I'll send another, or you can search by name: December 2013 March 2014 90 Day Challenge
  • momtomari
    momtomari Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be part of this as well.

Amanda
  • tatiianag13
    tatiianag13 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join! I'm trying to improve my health through diet and exercise. Losing weight is secondary, but also sorely needed!