Side Effects of Losing Weight

Options
What have I lost besides 4 pant sizes?

1. I can't sit for as long because now (at 185lbs) I have a bony *kitten*! Who knew.
2. Invisibility. So much for my nefarious plot to become a supervillain.
3. Insulation. I'm much more cold sensitive now. So much for building a fortress of solitude in the Antarctic.

What have you lost? :wink:

Replies

• Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    my wardrobe! I have all these "comfort" clothes that i can no longer wear because they all fall off!
    and i'm with you on the cold thing :)
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm with you on the cold bit. Winter's coming and I feel like I may need to buy some warmer things.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    My favourite fancy black lace bra.....because the under-wire in the centre is now rubbing and poking my sternum bone in the middle of my chest...left a bruise! No more extra padding there. Loved that bra!

Oh yes....can feel the cold too! Makes sense when I have dropped nearly 1/5 of my body weight from last winter!
  • BernieMBurke
    BernieMBurke Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Money! I've gone from a 40" waist clothes to 34" waist clothes and now they're starting to get baggy. I definitely am more sensitive to cold now that I have thrown my personal insulation away.
  • kikina
    kikina Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i am so proud of all of you.. how i wish i could feel the cold.. i'm sweating all the time and it isn't pretty.... i look forward to the day that i can feel cool again...

wardrobe mine is full of clothes i can't where as they don't fit and i refuse to buy more

but what you all have gained is a new life!!! and you give me encouragement to continue on this journey to find my new life!!
  • sherylhs
    sherylhs Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    ... I have a bony *kitten*! Who knew.

Hilarious

Congrats to you!!

~S
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    i have lost;

my swollen ankles and feet - no more puffiness for me
    my clothes - they are too big / trousers longer
    my batwings - my arms are now toning up
    my chest - its shrinking - yay
    my muffin top - my waist is getting more defined

i love these changes :)
  • MonsteRawr
    MonsteRawr Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My alcohol tolerance has gone to hell, too. Summer 2009, I drank like a champ and held it together. Last night, we went out after work and I had a beer-and-a-half and I was already starting to get fuzzy. Sad, sad, sad.