Healthy soup recipes

Options
I love home made soup...so this morning I'm buying an electric soup maker. Any suggestions for healthy nutricious home made soups will be gratefully received. Thanks.

Replies

• Sadedoes
    Sadedoes Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    One easy:
    Low sodium/fat veggie broth (I use powder, 1 tsp per 300-350 ml of water)
    Frozen soup veggies (approx: 75gr per serving)
    Soup pasta (letters, stars, dots, vermicelli.. approx: 10 gr dry weight per serving, something like a teblespoon)

Roasted pumpkin:
    1 pumpkin/ butternut squash, about 1.2 kg, cut in half, seeds removed, and roasted side cut down til cooked
    1 tsp olive oil
    2-3 cloves garlic, minced
    1 onion, chopped
    1 chilli pepper, seeds removed

Heat the oil in a soup pot, add garlic, pepper and onion and cook until translucent. Add the flesh of the pumpkin (about 1kg). Add enough water to cover, and some tandoori spice mix (about 1-2tsp). Simmer 15 minutes. Blitz with immersion blender and add enough liquid to make 8 servings.

I would just buy an immersion blender that you can also use for smoothies and other things, instead of a dedicated soup maker, but that's me :)
  • lisiloulah
    lisiloulah Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I tend to just throw various chopped root vegetables in the pot and boil it up! Carrots, Swede/turnip, potatoes, parsnip, a few leeks or onions and maybe a vegetable stock cube if you think it needs it. I like to leave it chunky, but you could easily blend it if you wanted.

Depending on if I have a glut of vegetables sometimes I make potato and leek or carrot soup. My dad's made pea soup before too (he used leftover ham stock it was delicious!) Homemade minestrone is always delicious too!