High Heels!

Options
2»

Replies

• melanie92
    melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    It's all in the brand, I think. I have some heels that I can barely stand for a couple of hours, and I have the same heel height in other brands that I can wear all day! Just try on until you find a brand that fits your feet. Make sure they are wide enough across the toes so you won't get bunions.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    The higher the heel the better I feel. Not only do I wear them out I clean up in them too! 5.5 are my highest as of now and I am well over 200. I found the brands totally make a difference. I love my nine west pumps but my maddens are my favorite. I shop for heels and then find clothes to match.
    :drinker: I agree you get what you pay for, you pay for quality you get comfy shoes! I adore heels, they make me feel sexy!! What Girl doesn't want to feel that!:wink: I used to wear them all the time, then gained a ton of weight:sad: didn't feel great about myself, so the heels didn't come out as often. But I'm back and doing it up right again with all my sexy fun heels!! :love:

I do have some friends that can't wear them so it may be that some ppl's feet are not made for heels, just as my feet don't like some styles of shoes. I say try out different brands and see what you think, you might just be surprised:wink::flowerforyou:

If us women feel extra special dressing to the hilt, I say let's do it! We deserve to feel and look gorgeous because we ARE, at any weight! As we're losing weight the inner beauty begins to spill outward even more ....I say do something to make yourself feel incredible on this journey...because this is our life Girls:wink::tongue: :drinker:
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!! It DOES get easier! I was addicted to 4" heels years ago and found I could not wear them when I started putting on weight and become more clumsy :o) Now that I am down it is fantastic to be able to wear them again!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels less clumsy. I guess our center of gravity is more where it should be? Anyway, I love heels, but my feet are usually killing me either way. I'm not as off balance, and I think it's easier on my knees and ankles though. Still, if I have an event I'm going to spend a lot of time on my feet for... flats are pretty much a must.
  • brittanydaniel79
    Options
    Last night, after I posted this, I saw a commercial for instant flats from Dr. Schoals! How awesome is that? They fold up small to fit into your purse, and when your feet have had enough, you can just slip those on!

Though I DO look forward to the sexy heels. And maybe once I reach my goal weight, I should reward myself with expensive ones!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!! It DOES get easier! I was addicted to 4" heels years ago and found I could not wear them when I started putting on weight and become more clumsy :o) Now that I am down it is fantastic to be able to wear them again!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels less clumsy. I guess our center of gravity is more where it should be? Anyway, I love heels, but my feet are usually killing me either way. I'm not as off balance, and I think it's easier on my knees and ankles though. Still, if I have an event I'm going to spend a lot of time on my feet for... flats are pretty much a must.
    makes sense..the off balance part
  • ambrosia8
    ambrosia8 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It gets easier to wear heels*****high heels!!! for most of my life i was 145lb and loved heels...the higher the better.....since i have gained weight it is much more difficult to walk in them.....one of my goals is to get back to feeling comfortable in 4"heels!!!
  • apetty21
    apetty21 Posts: 137
    Options
    Oh I love high heels. The higher, the better. Back in the day I hated heels. I couldn't wear them and couldn't walk in them. Now I hate going to work without them. I actually am more clumsy in the short kitten type heels. I don't know why but my body can't balance in shoes like that. It does hurt less when the weight comes off. It's not, however, painless. It just sucks less. I also secretly hope I burn more calories walking in my 4 inch heels vs flats. I know I probably don't but a girl can hope!
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I was never comfortable in high heels (I started out at 230). Now that I'm 187 I can wear heels in the office all day and be pretty comfortable!