only loosing inches

Options
ive been on MFP for a month and ive only lost 3 pounds....the last few days ive had 4 people tell me i look like i've lost weight...which is brilliant:smile:

BUT the scales are not moving the weight doesn't change at all.............. its a bit depressing when you try so hard.
Im 133 pounds now, all i want is to be 125 pounds....im not asking for much or a miracle!

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Not to sound snotty, but ...so what?

Seriously, nobody knows what you weigh. Everybody knows how small you look. There are lots of reasons why the scale isn't telling you everything ...muscle vs. fat body composition, water/glycogen retention, etc.

I weigh about 20 more pounds than my best friend. About 5 years ago, we were in a wedding together as bridesmaids. I wore a dress that was three sizes smaller than her. I always win at those "guess your weight" things at the fair. What the scale says isn't the be all and end all.

It's really better to have a non-scale driven goal if you can. My trainer has called the scale a "useless tool" for goal setting.:flowerforyou:
  • foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options

Seriously, nobody knows what you weigh. Everybody knows how small you look. There are lots of reasons why the scale isn't telling you everything ...muscle vs. fat body composition, water/glycogen retention, etc.

I weigh about 20 more pounds than my best friend. About 5 years ago, we were in a wedding together as bridesmaids. I wore a dress that was three sizes smaller than her. I always win at those "guess your weight" things at the fair. What the scale says isn't the be all and end all.

It's really better to have a non-scale driven goal if you can. My trainer has called the scale a "useless tool" for goal setting.:flowerforyou:

I totally agree with this. Maybe you should set a goal geared toward a certain size you want to be versus a weight. I am like viviakay in that I can win those guess your weight things.
    Make it a goal to live healthy and you'll get to the size you want.

Toss that scale!
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I agree. Try on a smaller size and see if it fits. If it does GREAT! You are also a small person and very close to your ideal weight. The pounds might not drop as fast as someone who has much more weight to lose.

• LosingLbsAndGainingConfidence
    Options
    That's probably because your gaining muscle..do you do more strength training than cardio? But as long as your getting smaller I wouldn't worry
  • mary020378
    Options
    the closer you get to your goal weight the harder it is but you also need to exercise a longer period of time a day then before. for example if you were burning calories for a 30 minute workout that will have to increase to 1 hour and an hour to about 2 hours of exercising. so on and so forth to burn calories to get down to your goal weight. And its true with the other comments you might be starting to gain muscle weight now. which will make you look more tone.
  • determined99
    Options
    the closer you get to your goal weight the harder it is but you also need to exercise a longer period of time a day then before. for example if you were burning calories for a 30 minute workout that will have to increase to 1 hour and an hour to about 2 hours of exercising. so on and so forth to burn calories to get down to your goal weight. And its true with the other comments you might be starting to gain muscle weight now. which will make you look more tone.

thanks for the feedback...it's all so motivating. So generally i exercise for an hour 5 times a week and burn about 400kcal in that hour. i dont usually eat those calories and if i do then i eat less then a half. so if i burn more would i also need to eat more or just eat the 1200 to shift the weight?
  • determined99
    Options

i love your attitude....thanks for the motivation :smile:
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    First of all, you only had 10 lbs to lose. Your body wants to hang onto that little bit of weight as long as possible. I have only lost inches and I have almost 40 lbs to lose. It kinda sucks, but I'll take SOMETHING for progress, and feeling better than I've ever felt before.
  • mary020378
    Options
    you would have to eat the calories you burn. it helps the metabolism work faster.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!