Today I feel like shoving my face into the f*cking lot!

Options
At work today I can see;

Jaffa Cakes
Maryland Cookies
Rich Tea Biscuits
Highland All Butter Shortbread
Christmas Mince Pies
Chocolate Cake
Tea Cakes
2 x varieties of homemade fudge
Cadburys Chocolate Fingers

50% of that list is less than 10ft away from me.

I have asked my boss twice if it can be moved, she's always 'coming back to me' about it.

I'm sipping an Options Hot Chocolate at 40 calories a cup, it helps take the edge off but it sure aint the same!

Replies

• SpookyElectric
    SpookyElectric Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Be strong!!! Go online and find a kick-*kitten* frock you want to wear and focus on that. You look AMAZING in your pic, so be good and be SMUG that the others hoofing into the biccies will be sure to put on weight over the coming weeks whereas you will come back in January still looking FABULOUS!

It's SO hard at this time of year. :sad:
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    omg I wish I was there I would eat it all
  • BeckyMBisMe
    BeckyMBisMe Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    this is the worst time of year for the temptation! :devil: I hope you make it through without giving in too badly.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    At work today I can see;

Jaffa Cakes
    Maryland Cookies
    Rich Tea Biscuits
    Christmas Mince Pies
    Chocolate Cake
    Tea Cakes

I have asked my boss twice if it can be moved, she's always 'coming back to me' about it.

I'm sipping an Options Hot Chocolate at 40 calories a cup, it helps take the edge off but it sure aint the same!

if you want to eat some, do, if not done.. its not such a big deal... the world isnt going to end if you over eat on sweets one day...

i have a treats table at the end of my desk... i can swivel my chair and get cookies and chocolates and sweets without even moving... so i get what treats fit in my macros (in this case a large cookie, and maybe a couple of chcolate fingers later) and then ignore the rest...
  • pinktac0
    Options
    skinny feels better then:
    Jaffa Cakes
    Maryland Cookies
    Rich Tea Biscuits
    Christmas Mince Pies
    Chocolate Cake
    Tea Cakes

tastes! :flowerforyou:
  • bbg_daryl
    bbg_daryl Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Find a picture of a bikini you want to buy. Actually buy it if you can afford it. Keep that bikini in the back of your thoughts all day! Or all season if need be. xD

If you get super desperate, have ONE of one treat. One won't kill you. And if the temptation grows worse, put a rubber band on your wrist and snap it whenever you move towards the snacks.
  • OatFloats
    Options
    I would pick the home-made over the more processed - less evil and potentially less calorific. :)
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat - can even smell it as I sip my protein shake! Don't want to be a greedy guts like some of the others in my office so I am resisting :wink:
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    My boss once covered my chair with McDonalds once so I had to remove it myself. What a d*ck.
  • cynnamon93
    Options
    I have little to no will power so I applaud you!
    haha good luck babe
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Stick a huge picture of someone who is really obese on that table (with a note that reads …. Eat these and look like this !! )next to all the junk and it will make you forget about wanting to grab one !
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Have you really asked your boss if it can be moved? :laugh:

If you ban yourself from these treats eventually you will give in and have the lot. We have a huge Christmas hamper sitting here full of cakes, mince pies, cheese straws, biscuits, crisps, salsa, marshmallows, chocolates, the lot, and I've sampled something every day.

And to be honest, I find that when I allow myself just one of something, it's normally enough. I've done what I wanted, I've joined in, I've tried one, and now I can go back to my desk and stop thinking about it.
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    rita27ny :laugh:
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth and do eat treats but I'm like a recovering alcholic, there is no such thing as '...just one drink...'

At home I can have a treat because once it's gone, it's gone but at work there is a constant supply of treats, all day, EVERY day.

PS Highland All Butter Shortbread is my achilles heel!
  • nofearbebravelive
    Options
    When I really don't want to eat something, mostly because it's not what I would want the most but I like it enough to eat it, I just think of how many other people have stuck their grody hands in there and I just tell myself, they just came from the bathroom and didn't wash their hands or something like that.

It's not that you can't eat it or make it work, it's that, what if there is something better later, something you want more. Chocolate will be around all year long, it's not seasonal, but for me, things like cheesecake are rare, so if you really don't want to waste the calories on something that is still going to be available in May generally speaking just find ways to psych yourself out.

We have this one guy at my work and he is so gross, he licks his ENTIRE finger from the base to the tip whenever he eats anything and then reaches in again, it's gross. That will keep me out of anything that is communal at my office.
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    go lick each item, you will get your fix and they will have to be then thown away, saving everyone from the calorific treats and also removing them from your reach!!!

I feel your pain, resisting is too hard, so how about having one of your favourite things and calling it a do - if you do manage to resist, well done!!
  • FitCanuckChick
    FitCanuckChick Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    At work today I can see;

Jaffa Cakes
    Maryland Cookies
    Rich Tea Biscuits
    Christmas Mince Pies
    Chocolate Cake
    Tea Cakes

Is this all becaus of Christmas food or does your work normally have food out? This is what I do - think they will be crying Jan 1 that they gained 10-15 lbs in holiday weight and you will not :)
  • sreed016
    sreed016 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Pick your favorite treat and have just a nibble then drink water and chew gum the rest of the day.

Usually just a taste is enough to satisfy the cravings. If you are anything like me - depriving yourself will make you obsess about it then eat way more later on.

But that is just me :)
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Well, by now, someone probably sneezed on them ...... or picked their nose & touched the goodies ...... and for sure dust & hair has fallen on them .....

Bon appetit :laugh:
  • angelaneale
    angelaneale Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I agree. Sugar is like a drug to me. If I were to eat one cookie, that will set off a sugar and processed carb binge that can last a few days to several weeks. It's not a pretty site. I would just move the cookies to somewhere maybe in the breakroom or the reception area and say that it provides easier access for everyone.