tummy exercise .. whilst seated at your desk?

Options
I get about 50 - 60 miles per week walking done, and work full time .. have kids . . 5 dogs blah blah - turns out the most spare time I have to work out would be whilst Im at my desk at work - so .... my tummy dosent get much of a work out - any suggestions of ways I can do this whilst sat at the desk at work?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I get about 50 - 60 miles per week walking done, and work full time .. have kids . . 5 dogs blah blah - turns out the most spare time I have to work out would be whilst Im at my desk at work - so .... my tummy dosent get much of a work out - any suggestions of ways I can do this whilst sat at the desk at work?

you're probably better off planking for 30 seconds before you go to bed... work up from 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    sucking it in - hold- and exhale slowly - repeat - repeat - repeat
  • pienthesky32
    pienthesky32 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Sit on the edge of the chair and do leg lifts, bent knees, then straight legs, using your abdominals to lift, not momentum.
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Lower ab contraction and hold.
    DON'T hold your breath.
    Just think of your belly button getting pulled back, through your back, by a string.
    Hold for as long as you remember. You can do this for hours.
  • piratebear1
    piratebear1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thanks all - I quite often sit sucking the tummy in - but wasnt sure this actually did anything :-)
  • bhsishtla
    bhsishtla Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Sit up straight, shoulders back- pelvis underneath you.

That will go a long way into improving posture and giving you core stability.
  • ElegantSlenderChic
    Options
    Lower ab contraction and hold.
    DON'T hold your breath.
    Just think of your belly button getting pulled back, through your back, by a string.
    Hold for as long as you remember. You can do this for hours.

Really?!! Wow! Thanks!