7 Months Progress, Down 37lbs, Measurements and Picture

Options
When I first started my new lifestyle journey on May 27th I was determined. I had tried to do the whole diet thing sooo many times in the past, and I think that is why I had always failed. I am not dieting, nor am I on a diet. I am changing my lifestyle by choosing healthier options and working out my body instead of just sitting my butt on the couch.

So far it has been 7 months and I am starting to get happier with the progress each week. I don't starve myself, if I want something bad enough I will have it, for me it is all about portion control and making healthier options.

I workout 3-4 times a week, and three of them are only 30 minute classes. I do a "Metabolic Class" which is a 30 minute kick *kitten* class where you push as much as you can, rest when you need to, then jump right back in. Pretty much my coach deb will make you swear and sweat and grunt and you will feel like you want to die, but when you are done, you will feel amazing.

I work at the YMCA and with that there are many benefits, one that I am forever grateful is that I can attend all classes for free as I work full time. With my Metabolic class, I meet with my Coach and now my friend, Deb, once a week for measurements, weigh in, and we have our little meeting. We talk about my food journal ( I show her MFP food print offs) and then we talk about the mind over matter things, and we work on trying to get me to like my body more as I am not a big fan of it. It has helped so much emotionally and physically that I don't think I could have started to loose weight without her amazing support.

Here are my measurements as of last week (I have my measurements every Thursday, so I am hoping this week they will be down even more ! )

WEIGHT:
start: 268.4lbs
today: 231lbs
down: 37.4 lbs

WAIST:
start: 42”
today: 33.9”
down: 8.1”

HIPS
start: 51”
today: 47”
down: 4”

FOREARM:
start: 11.5"
today: 10”
down: 1.5”

UPPERARM:
start: 15.5”
today: 12.1”
down: 3.4"

CHEST:
start: 46”
today: 39”
down: 7”

THIGH
start: 31.2”
today: 27”
down: 4.2”

BODY FAT %
start: 51.97%
today: 40.14 %
down: 11.83%

Overall I am down 37 pounds, 29 inches and 11.83% body fat. Now for the comparison picture. The one on the left is from this weekend; the one on the right is from January 2013 at my brother’s wedding in Mexico. I did not think I had changed that much, but then I put this comparison together, and I am happy with the progress so far. I have a long way to my end goal, but as of right now, I am happy with the progress !

10pa9tv.jpg

Replies

• sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely fabulous and so happy! Awesome work and dedication pretty lady :D
  • TLCPharmD
    TLCPharmD Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Keep up the great work.
  • britteliz1
    britteliz1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You are seriously such an inspiration! Great job!
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    thanks ladies and gents !!
    It is weird because I used to look at pictures and success stories on the forum and think wow I want to be able to post a picture like that one day, and I am slowly getting there ! to be called an inspiration is crazy to me. I still have a long way to go, but happy with the progress so far !
  • lgtijerina
    lgtijerina Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    What a transformation. I can really see a difference. Keep up the good work!
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    you look so good!!! congrats on your success!!
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look great!
  • dykmorgan
    Options
    You look amazing...congratulations :)
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    What a difference! You look beautiful. Keep up the good work. You should be very proud about your measurements. That is real work right there!! :)
  • Edensienna
    Edensienna Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    What an achievement! You sound so motivated too!
  • WallyH4EverVersion
    WallyH4EverVersion Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You look great! Your hard work and commitment to a healthy life style shows! Keep going , you are going to reach your goals!!
  • a_lynn_white
    a_lynn_white Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Keep it up!!
  • lknjohnson
    lknjohnson Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    You look great. You look smaller then 200's. I think the scale is wrong. lol Kept up the good work.
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You look great. You look smaller then 200's. I think the scale is wrong. lol Kept up the good work.

haha I wish the scale was wrong ! I will get below 200 and I will JUMP for joy !! Cant remember the last time I was under the 200 mark, then again I couldn't remember the last time I was under 235lb until last week !
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Awesome, possum! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!