Trigger Foods

Options
I don't know if this is already a topic. If so, just point me in the correct direction :)

What are your trigger foods? You know, the food you know you must avoid at all costs because, for dieters, it's like falling off the wagon. Mine is McDonald's. I avoid that place like the plague. It is pure deliciousness to me and I can't have "just a kid's meal just this once". No such thing. "Just this once." Please. More like "just this once...today". I haven't had a single food item from McDonald's all year. I've had a Diet Coke and a plain black coffee.

Also, does anybody else have that coworker and/or friend that knows you're on a diet but they keep offering you food? "Want a fry?" "Want some of my Skittles?" "There's donuts in the break room" "Ugh, how much longer are you on a diet?" These statements are not supportive. Please tell me you also have one of these "friends" in your life.

Replies

• craek
    craek Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say pop. I don't drink it anymore but there are some days where a nice cold fountain pop sounds SOOO good........and now I'm craving one...haha!
  • Alison84
    Options
    Chips.... ahhh salty goodness... Once I start it's really really hard to stop!! I don't buy them for myself though... but my partner does and when he eats them so do I!!!
  • kerinick
    Options
    In-N-Out Burger. If I go there, I go all out... gotta get the double double with animal style fries. I have to stay away from there :)
  • sburt1
    sburt1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I think really any kind of junk food does it for me. My husband got some oreos the other day and I can't stay out of them which pisses me off but they taste soooooo good!!
  • SazzieBunny
    Options
    i have the worlds biggest sweet tooth...its EVERYTHING for me,cakes,pasteries,jellies,ice cream,doughnuts..you name it,if its junk,ill eat it :P but i believe in allowing myself to have little bits now and again...like if i have a day where i exercise loads and loads,then i allow myself a cake or something...if i went cold turkey i would be off the wagon again :P
  • Kera885
    Options
    Pizza or chocolate cake. And yes, I have had one of those "friends" always complaininf about the diet, once actually started crying after saying "you'll weigh less than me soon!" and when I gained some of the weight back (this was several years ago) she told me that she thought I looked better fat, so yes I've had one of those "friends" I think we all have lol. Just don't let it get to you.
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I am so glad Ive been McDonalds free for over a year, its so tasty evil....I just avoid avoid avoid. But Ive gone in to get my SO food a few times. Ugh.

For me its caramel, can't resist it.
  • apetty21
    apetty21 Posts: 137
    Options
    Oh yeah, chips are another trigger food. I keep snack packs of Pringles because once that pack is gone it's gone. I can't eat a whole tube. My "friend" will buy my favorite chips and say, "Hey, I got those sweet heat chips you love so much just for you." Why? WHY! I've been on a diet ALL YEAR! She knows it's a weakness. :mad:
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I avoid this family-owned Mexican restaurant that's right down the road. I haven't been there in ages (though I have been there a few times since starting my weight loss, for a cheat meal and whatnot) They drench everything in cheese, and I can't help but order a side of guacamole... Which you know avocado is like pure fat. Haha. Healthy fat, but fat nonetheless and a lot of it.

And then there's this seafood buffet that we always visit on vacation. I can't seem to stop myself. :P Good thing it's only when we go on vacation... Maybe twice a year.

But, my number one place to avoid is get-togethers with my cousins... Which is hard to do, since they are very sociable and have parties at every chance they get. I always go overboard there. If I know I'll be going over to their house for a party, I count it as a cheat meal and do some extra exercise so that I don't feel too guilty... And, yet, I always end up feeling guilty, because I've yet to master putting down the fork when I'm full. Ugh I'm working on it, promise you. Lol. I have another chance on Thanksgiving. (But, I swear, this time, I'm going to limit myself. My biggest problem is actually viewing it as a cheat meal, because then I feel like "this is my one chance to cheat this month, I better eat everything and anything and a lot of it!" Lol. Silly me.)