T25 vs. P90X3

Options
Im currently doing JMBR and once i'm finished want to try a new one. I'm not interested in workingout longer than 30 min, it's all I can do and i'm happy with that.

sooo with that in mind what do you guys think of these programs?

Anyone try both?

Anyone doing either?

What are you thoughts...

Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    P90X3 just came out last week and most people haven't even received their orders yet, so no one is going to be able to give you a review of that. There are a bunch of T25 reviews on the site, if you do a search you'll find them. You can also google T25 reviews, there are some blogs that have broken the workouts down and show you exactly what you'll be doing for each workout. It might help you decide if it's a program you'll like or not.
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    P90X3 just released on december 10th, so most people haven't receive their copy yet but here what i can tell you about both program. I have done Focus T25 and just bought P90X3.

P90X3 : 16 workouts, 30 minutes each. You train 7 days per week, Outch!! You have resistance training, yoga, Pilate,etc... both programs are 120$. You have 4 different calendar in P90X3 : Lean, classic, double and Mass.

Focus T25 : 10 workouts breaked down in 2 phases, you train 5 days per week. Focus T25 is mainly cardio/core workouts and doesn't have much resistance training.

I loved Focus T25 but i would choose P90X3 over it as it is a more diversify program and it has more resistance days and more choice of calendar depending on your goal.
  • JennyKatT82
    Options
    Hi :) I just received my P90x3 order this last weekend and took a look through the materials. Most of what rolemodel69 said is accurate, with the exception of the 7 days a week. x3 is 6 days a week with one rest day. You do have the option of doing an extra cardio workout instead of rest, but you don't have to. In fact, the test group (which had amazing results) did 6 days.

The biggest difference is that x3 is total body with weights/bands, whereas T25 is focused on cardio. They're both great programs, but it depends on your goals. You certainly have more variety with P90x3. Also, they're offering special discounted prices through the 31st for x3 because it is so new.

For those who have already started x3, they are only 3-4 days into their workouts, but they are reporting that it is kicking their butts...even if they've already done X, X2, Insanity, etc. I think for the most part, you get out what you put in! Good luck in making your choice! I'll be starting my 1st round of x3 on Christmas :)
  • nvdirtfreak
    Options
    Well obviously I haven't done P90X3, but I have done both P90X and T25. In my opinion, P90X far surpasses T25 - T25 is just varying forms of cardio, which gets boring really quickly for me. Plus, in Beta phase, when you start using weights, Shaun T encourages some pretty alarming form (feet together, knees locked, etc) which really frustrated me. I absolutely love Tony Horton, so I am going to be starting P90X3 soon for sure! It offers so much more variety, from weight training to yoga to martial arts to pilates and more! Each day is something different, so it will remain fresh and interesting, whereas T25 is very similar every day.
  • Cahillj
    Cahillj Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I will admit that I was a full on P90X user for the last three plus years. I started T25 and hated it at first. Once I got into it more and more I realized just how much more difficult it was than P90X. Now that X3 has been out a little over a month I feel I can finally give a better comparison of the two programs.

X3 has much more strength training routines than the Alpha/Beta rounds of T25, but the Gamma round is all about building strength after you've built your foundation in the earlier rounds. The difference is that T25 gives you no breaks at all. Even the routines that use weights do so immediately before and after a cardio move. That has the affect of making a simple bicep curl much harder than it would be if you were focusing only on your arms that day. X3 has a workout called the challenge, which is basically Chest & Back from the original X condensed into 30 minutes. I'll admit it made me more sore than I had been doing T25, but nowhere near as sore as I had been after doing the full Chest & Back in the original X. I was able to skip the breaks and advance through the time between the moves with no issues. You simply cannot do that in T25.

If your goal is to get yourself in the best cardio shape, then I would highly recommend T25 over any X program. If you're looking for more of a total body program, then X3 is the way to go.

I really wish someone would come up with a hybrid of the two...
  • ursali85
    Options
    I just started p90x3 & it's awesome.. there are total 16 workouts (plus 3 extra workout if u go for deluxe version) which avoid repetition, boredom and plateau whileT25 is also good but i get bored after couple of weeks.
  • Neous
    Neous Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    well i know this is a more or less a forgotten thread, but has anyone tried a hybrid of P90X3 / T25. I started