Motivational Quotes - list them here!

Options
So I'm trying to come up with some motivational quotes I can remember and think of when I go through hard times during this weight loss process. I found one online by Mark Twain, I don't think it was initially intended for weight loss but I've found it inspiring for when I go over my calories, eat more "bad" food than I'd like, or just generally fall back into my old ways.

"Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time."

This helps me remember that the progress I've made so far is impressive, and that I shouldn't expect myself to give everything up at once. Slow and steady wins the weight loss race, and will help me keep the weight off when I've reached my goal!

If you have any quotes or mantras that help you through the rough times, or keep you on track, or remind you why you're doing this, please add them! It'll be nice to have them all in one place :)

Replies

• kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i have a couple i really like;

"he who feels punctured must have been a bubble."

"sometimes the more subtle things are the cornerstones of our lives."

"If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, 'he lived'."
  • azmomof2
    azmomof2 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    My favorites are in my signature but I love to read everyone's as well!
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    A few for you- my favorite one is in my signature the others:
    "Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain." -Unknown

"Little steps are the only way to make great strides." -Rupp

"Confidence is going after Moby **** in a row boat and taking the tartar sauce with you." -Zig Ziglar

"I know for sure that what we dwell on is who we become." -Oprah

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.” -unknown

“If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it, I know I can achieve it.” -Jesse Jackson
  • Papucho
    Papucho Posts: 138
    Options
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,

"WOW! WHAT A RIDE!"
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I'm not very literary....and mine probably aren't very motivating. But, from Gone with the Wind, I like Scarlett O'Hara's quote at the end: "After all... tomorrow is another day." And this one too: "As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again". :laugh:

And this one is pretty obscure, but it has stuck in my head, from the move Carrie: "Eve was weak! And Eve was weak, say it! "
    Carrie's mother is yelling it over and over as she is chasing Carrie around, trying to make her pray. For some reason, that one always plays in my head when I am trying to resist the temptation of eating something. :embarassed:
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options

"Confidence is going after Moby **** in a row boat and taking the tartar sauce with you." -Zig Ziglar

Apparently Moby**** a name of a LITERARY CHARACTER is a bad word. lol
    Stupid auto censor. :grumble:
  • joymarino
    joymarino Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."
    Henry David Thoreau
  • granolagirl
    granolagirl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    If you always do what you've always done then you'll always get what you've always got.
  • dancinggirl81
    dancinggirl81 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    "Whatever the past has been, you have a spotless future." ~Unknown