So... It's like Facebook for starvation?

Options
Hi all, been at it for a week now. OMG, want to order 3 large pizzas, a bucket of chicken and a birthday cake! But noo... Getting ready for my 1/2 cup cheerios and sliced banana!

So far so good, weigh-in is tomorrow!

Be my friend!

We all need someone to remind us to keep starving!

:-0

Replies

• apetty21
    apetty21 Posts: 137
    Options
    After some time you won't feel like you're starving anymore. Your body and stomach will adjust. I know it's tough at first but keep at it! I don't even crave the food I used to crave. Just think of your first few weeks as a junk food detox.:wink:
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Lol, facebook for starvation??? that made me laugh. Welcome here and good luck with it all. :laugh:
  • GrayJohn
    Options
    After a few months you won't crave all the junk food. FACT.
  • determined99
    Options
    hahha thats very funny :tongue:
  • snusp
    snusp Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to that, five weeks and counting and I'm still craving chocolate, that's for sure...
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    Stay the course. Soon you will be putting down the junk food and uttering phrases like "I'm not wasting 200 calories on THIS piece of crap" or "There's nothing in this conveinience store i can eat". It will happen.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    If you're starving then you need to eat some meat. Go to El Pollo Loco and get two pieces of chicken only and enjoy. You shouldn't be starving yourself. If you're having sugar cravings drink some cinnamon tea or take some cinnamon capsules. They regulate blood sugar and help with the first couple of weeks..Good luck.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to that, five weeks and counting and I'm still craving chocolate, that's for sure...

Add exercise to the mix and eat your exercise calories. Mine become ice cream. :wink:
  • wmchick81
    Options
    Love your topic title. It's definitely the reason I clicked on the post. :-) Stick with it; it will get easier. And some times you just need to give in and eat whatever it is you are craving. Maybe not a whole bucket of chicken or a large pizza, but if you can't resist- its better to eat a little before you cave in and pig out.
  • jclark21
    jclark21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    lol, its definitely not starvation but you've gotta be creatively. it's day four, I've had pizza twice already but I have yet to go over on calories (including exercise calories). Mostly cut back on the mozzerella sticks and increased the carrot sticks and water, but I figure in time I won't crave the junk food as much. Right now, I'm all about having my cake and exercise too. :smile:
  • melanie92
    melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    funny - funny! Let's see...I'll take some of that pizza! :laugh:

You really will find that your eating habits will change. Just keep up logging everything!
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Stay the course. Soon you will be putting down the junk food and uttering phrases like "I'm not wasting 200 calories on THIS piece of crap" or "There's nothing in this conveinience store i can eat". It will happen.

Ain't that the truth!!!! Funny how it goes, but your spot on. I went in to the convenience store near work the other day to buy a bottle of water. Guy working there said he thought I died cause he hasnt seen me in a month!!!
  • CplJT2105
    Options
    I hear ya! It WILL get easier! Sooner or later, the way your clothes fit or the way your joints don't hurt anymore will be more important than the cravings!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    For the first week, I WAS weak! I was starving, but only because I was eating double to triple what I should have been. Now, I am full when I eat the recomended amount.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options

Ain't that the truth!!!! Funny how it goes, but your spot on. I went in to the convenience store near work the other day to buy a bottle of water. Guy working there said he thought I died cause he hasnt seen me in a month!!!

That's how it used to be for me, too! No more convenient store food for me! Billy will get his heart attack in a paper sack with an energy drink, and he'll get me a whole wheat sub sandwich with LifeWater. lol
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Trust me! It gets better. The hunger will subside. :) And, what everybody else is saying is true too. You won't crave junk any more after a while. Maybe every now and then, but not too horribly. And, if you know you've worked hard, sometimes you just have to stopped counting for a meal and eat what you'd like (It actually restarts your weight loss in some cases). My advice to you is to use your calories any way you would like. If you want pizza instead of cheerios, go for it. Just make sure it fits into your calorie goal. A calorie is a calorie, and while it's true that healthy foods are more filling, it's all up to you. Think of your calorie goal like a bank full of cash. Spend your money (calories) on whatever foods you like and however much you like, but once they're gone, they're gone until tomorrow! So, you'll learn not to use all your calories up before noon or something. Haha. :P

If you're starving, eat! When I first started, I used my calories on low calorie foods that I could eat a lot of. For the weeks or two, I just wanted to be full; didn't care about the taste. :)

Oh, and definitely try eating your exercise calories back. I can't lose while eating them back myself, but I know a lot, and I mean A LOT, of people on MFP who do eat all (if not most) of the calories they burn back. Why not eat them if you can? Try it for a week or two, and if it stalls your weight loss, maybe you're one of the unlucky ones.. Like me. Lol!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    My husband calls it FATBOOK.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    After a few months you won't crave all the junk food. FACT.

Or you'll get sick when you give in and have some. Chocolate lost it's appeal for me when I stared to get horrible stomach cramps after eating any.
  • joymarino
    joymarino Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I can only reiterate what has already been said...

1) Great post title!
    2) Keep moving forward. You will get past the tough spots

and my personal thought.... have a bar of plain chocolate. Then exercise a bit and shave a few calories from one of your snack meals. Chocolate doesn't really have all that much in calories. Or, share it with a friend. You get a fix, with 1/2 the calories.

I drink a chocolate shake everyday, which fills me up and gives me the nutrition I need, but I know not everyone sees the value in the shakes, the way I do. For me, it craves my fix. But, if I am ever out and am waiting for my order to come, 1 chocolate bar does NOT undo weeks of hard work.

Just my two cents. ;)

Best wishes!

Joy
  • carmen1485
    Options
    :-) Welcome to a whole world of people cheering you on in your plan to change your life. Not sure I ever found that on Fb but maybe I just don't know the right kind of people :-)

I have learned portion control on here. I've been deluding myself for years about exactly what a '50g serving' looks like, hence the need to be here.

Starvation = not good
    Thinking twice about eating it = good

Carmen