21lbs down,but i don't see it.can you?

Options
bel74
bel74 Posts: 32 Member
not sure how to post photos but they're on my profile page.
so far im down 21lbs and friends and family keep saying about how much weight i've lost,but when i see myself in the mirror or in photos i really can't see any difference.could you please check out my profile pics and give me an honest opinion please.
thanks.

Replies

• tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I can notice a difference in your chest. Don't get discouraged if you don't see the results others do because I think we're harder on ourselves and sometimes don't see ourselves, know what I mean??
  • cef957
    cef957 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    The second picture is a little hard to see....but your chest is smaller for sure! keep up the great work!
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Short answer: yes.

Long answer: It's more noticeable to take the same shot from the same distance in the same clothes. If you don't see it now putting the same picture minus 21 lbs side by side will make it really stand out for you. I've see 5 lbs changes doing that.

Congrats on the loss by the way. Greta job so far :-)
  • PolkaDot88
    PolkaDot88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You can definitely see it! You absolutely look slimmer. Congratulations!

I'm down 27 so far and I don't see it in myself either, but my jeans are all fitting much looser and I'm down 2 holes in my belt. I'm more excited about how I feel than how I look - I figure if I keep up like this I'll see results eventually, but I'll feel more fit right away.

Focus more on how you feel than on the numbers - you look awesome and I bet you're feeling great too!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    The pics are completely clear but your tummy is def smaller!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    I can see it through your middle & chest. You're doing a great job!:bigsmile:
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, yes!! I can tell in your chest and tummy! You are lookin' GREAT! Keep up the hard work!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    :) You look great! Don't worry about not being able to see it just yet. I read somewhere that it was a psychological thing... Something about constantly looking at yourself. Who knows?! I've lost 91 pounds, and I swear I don't see a difference. I try not to let it get me down though. Because, eventually, I'm gonna to HAVE to see it. I think it'd be impossible to go from 295 to 130 pounds and NOT see it. Lol. Maybe if I go blind! Jeez.

You're doing an amazing job; doing all the right things! You can do this. We all have faith in you. <3
  • lauracheca
    Options
    I see the difference, good job
  • mommajen89
    Options
    I know exactly what you are saying! I'm down about 16 and the only place I can see it is my chest and my rear LOL I'm trying so hard to be patient but it's hard!

Keep up the good work! You look great!!!!
  • Jennweav
    Options
    I can see a big difference in your stomach area. No Doubt :bigsmile:
  • SherryBaby66
    Options
    I do see a difference...but its sooo much harder to tell when its "you" looking at you..you see yourself everyday, so it will be hard to tell. But I bet you feel adifference in your clothes..right? :)
  • CHANGES4ME
    CHANGES4ME Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i jus peeked, & u look goodddddddddd!!! there is defitely a difference, u look like your standing taller ( straighter ) w2g!!
    cant tell u how many tymes i wanna give up. i been tryin 2 lose since jan... i was 265, currently i floating between 217 - 219!!! every 1 tells me too, how much i have lost... i dont see it.... but i know i am cuz i was wearing a 3x, & in most clothes i can wear an xlg now... my scrubs pants fall down a bit, & hang on me; my back belt helps 2 keep em up... u hang in there, u mite not see it 2 good yet, but u will, jus remember losing inches can b jus as fantastic as losing wt.... either way, day by day u see results; & u become a junkie; 2 wanna keep going & seein more!!!! :wink: :flowerforyou: :blushing: :happy: :smokin:
  • Stewie316
    Stewie316 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I see a difference in the chest area. I think it's really hard for us to see differences because we see ourselves everyday. You should take pictures of yourself at different angles and retake pictures at the same angles wearing the same clothes or no clothes to really see differences each month.

Myself, for example, I lost 9 pounds so far and don't see a difference when I look in the mirror, but I was looking at a picture from a few months ago and saw a major difference. It was a naked back picture. I periodically take pictures of my hair from the back because I'm in a grow my hair to hip length challenge. In the picture from a few months ago, I had major back fat and in a picture taken a few days ago, no back fat. I was really surprised.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I can tell....you look great! It hard for you to tell when you look at yourself everyday.
    Find something you did wear & try it on now. You also should be able to tell if you measure yourself.

Keep up the good work! Christine : )
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    you look smaller all over to me. Keep a check of your measurements once a month for even more encouragement. good luck with the continued weight loss.
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    We sometimes don't see it in ourselves, because everyday we're a little smaller and a little smaller, so we get used to it instead of bam 20 something pounds. We see .2, .2, .2... you get the picture. :)
    Speaking of pictures, taking the pictures in the same clothes at the same angle is definitely a good suggestion!
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference. I see it in your face and in your stomach.
  • staceybug13
    Options
    Short answer: yes.

Long answer: It's more noticeable to take the same shot from the same distance in the same clothes. If you don't see it now putting the same picture minus 21 lbs side by side will make it really stand out for you. I've see 5 lbs changes doing that.

Congrats on the loss by the way. Greta job so far :-)

I agree with him. It's easier to tell when the photos are taken from roughly the same distance away. However, I notice it in your sides as well as your chest. So way to go!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Defintely can tell you lost weight. Do you take measurements. You must be in smaller sizes too by now. You are doing great.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!