Need help finding out dinner when...

Options
Hello everybody. I am very new to this website, but I am struggling. I work at Domino's pizza and I'm DESPERATE to lose weight-- but it's so hard when you're a broke college student that works dinner time at Domino's. I guess my question is, what kind of meals would you recommend bringing to work so that I don't eat pizza every night? I work 5-9 every night so that is my dinner time. Please and thank you!

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    considering reality, I'd pack a protein bar myself in that situation assuming i didn't eat the protein bar and more pizza every night.

Otherwise I'd make a concious (and obviously hard) decision to just eat less pizza.
  • forgettingourforgiveness
    Options
    Thanks! But my main question is-- what kind of healthy dinners could I bring on the go to work? We have a microwave and we are allowed to use the pizza oven.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Maybe your own salad/ salad dressing with a couple slices of pizza,or sandwich from home with hard boiled egg.I'd try a fritatta,you can slice them,wrap & take.Use any veggie you like.can you heat a can of soup to take?
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Brown rice and beans make a good, cheap meal that will fill you up. :) You could also do a sandwich or wrap with lean meats and veggies on whole grains or a salad with protein dressed with olive oil and vinegar. You could also make a pasta dish with lots of veggies and some ground beef or grilled chicken; soups are great too, and usually work out to be pretty cheap and low-calorie.

ETA: Also, Domino's has nutrition information on their website. Check it out and see what are the healthiest options. If you forget or don't have time to prepare dinner before work, you'll know what will be the best choice.
  • forgettingourforgiveness
    Options
    Thank you guys SO much!