weight question

Options
I have lost over 70 pounds. I run twice a day for 30 min each and lift weights. Burning around 800 calories a day. I used to weight 240 pounds and not I weight 178. It depends though some days I wake up at 178 and others like 179.6 or even some at 177.7. It is different. I have no idea if I gained weight or not. I mean my pants still fit the same. I just am so bust through out the day I never eat a large meal just small snacks. At night though around nine o'clock I eat all most all my calories. I eat only about 1800 to 1900 calories a day. Sometimes I eat around 1200 calories in one sitting. It really hasn't affected me. I eat a lot of vitamins and such. Just sometimes I wake up three or four times during the night so thirsty. It is depressing, I worked so hard to lose the weight I just want to maintain where I am at. Is it just that I over ate at night which constitutes my weight changing in the morning plus all the water drank during the night?

Replies

• navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates constantly by as much as 6 or 7 pounds, water retention, waste, undigested food, hair growth, among other things affect it. It's not like setting a thermostat, you're not going to maintain at 178 pounds and never move from that.

Rigger
  • srobertking
    srobertking Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The man above speaks the truth. Now that I'm maintaining I use more than just the scale to check in. Best way for me? I put on my pants. If they fit the same then I'm doing okay.