Suppliments!

Options
what are your opinions on them

Replies

• Akerman
    Options
    Exactly what kind of supplements are you talking about???? Protein is a must...that is a given. Other then that it depends on the supplement and what you are tyring to accomplish......
    I also highly recommend a quality multi-vitamin and fish oil everyday.

Are you wondering about any supplement in particular???
  • arsenal45
    arsenal45 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Whey protein, Omega3 Fish Oil, a good Multivitamin and a couple hits of Vitamin C a day, I've even been doubling up on that now that cold & flu season is here. That's about it for me.
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    like createin protein animal pacs anything that qualifies as a supplement what do you guys have thoughts on is it cheating is it just replacing those chemicals in your body that you were not blessed of getting the genetics of having what?
  • princess3369
    Options
    I have numerous friends who all agree on this subject...a couple are trainers, a couple are RN's, a Dr. here and there...and actually funny thing...Dr. Oz has said it on his show recently from what I understand...yes, protein is a must! believe me! BUT, the 4 basic supplements that one should have in their daily diet...a multi vitamin, 1/2 in the am, 1/2 at night, a calcium cocktail of 600 mg Calcium, Magnesium, and Vitamin D...You cannot digest Calcium well at all without the Vitamin D factor...Omega 3...which can be found in so many foods, and pills...I personally do both, I also like to use flaxseed oil as my salad dressing, mixed with some spices...and baby aspirin... don't forget the water intake and you are good to go!
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    omg princess your on a pill buffet
  • Akerman
    Options
    Its definitely not cheating. But the whole concept of supplements has gone crazy. People think that if I take a certain type of supplement....lets say Lipo 6 or hydroxicut which are some of the more popular fat burners out there that they will just take this magic pill and start losing weight by not changing anything else.....its Bull****.
    This pills are exactly what you call them....SUPPLEMENTS...they are meant to compliment a complete diet and exercise program...not do all the work for you. All weight loss or muscle building supplements won't work unless your workout routine is solid and most importantly your diet is finely tuned....and thats a fact.
    So I agree with supplements...I've taken then in the past and are currently taking some now but my main focus is always on proper nutrition. You have to know how to properly fuel your body.
  • tristalin
    tristalin Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Fish oils & Dynamic Greens, which is a drink mix w/the antioxident powers of 20+ servings of fruits & vegetables