ground turkey !!

Options
what can i cook with ground turkey for dinner 2 night guys i need some ideas!

Replies

• kt4au
    kt4au Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love turkey meatloaf, turkey spaghetti or even turkey sliders (or burgers). The husband was really skeptical but he really like the sliders and the meatloaf. He couldn't tell a difference with the spaghetti. Good Luck!
  • FutureMrsEssman
    FutureMrsEssman Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I only ever use ground turkey. I make hamburgers, I use it for taco meat, Meatballs, Chili, and anything that ground beef can be used for. Try Allrecipes.com they have the BEST recipes ever. I love them.
  • donghaeboong
    Options
    turkey chili in crackpot is amazing.
  • cmccune712
    cmccune712 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Just made turkey chili tonight in the crockpot and it was so good! I substitute ground turkey anytime I would usually use ground beef.
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I use ground turkey to make a "maid rite." It is basically the meat cooked in a pan, add salt and pepper to taste, onion in with it, Worcestershire sauce, a tablespoon of white vinegar, several tablespoons. I like to add cut up asparagus and just eat it on a plate, but my kids liked to put it on a bun with cheese, ketchup, mustard, and pickles.

Very yummy.
  • precioustypeoflove
    precioustypeoflove Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Just made turkey chili tonight in the crockpot and it was so good! I substitute ground turkey anytime I would usually use ground beef.

hey what is the recipe for the chilli!
  • AngelSharum
    AngelSharum Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Turkey meatloaf is good. I can handle turkey burgers but my hubby doesn't like them at all. I think you'd need to add different spices because I've heard turkey soaks up other flavors, and then it might be better.
  • apetty21
    apetty21 Posts: 137
    Options

Ground turkey
    1 packet McCormick Chili Sesoning Mix (I use lower sodium)
    I can Bush's chili beans (or any brand)
    I can tomatoes (I like hunts fire roasted)

Just cook the turkey in a pot and add the other ingredients. You can add onion or whatever else you love in your chili. I just like mine easy.
  • precioustypeoflove
    precioustypeoflove Posts: 197 Member
    Options

Ground turkey
    1 packet McCormick Chili Sesoning Mix (I use lower sodium)
    I can Bush's chili beans (or any brand)
    I can tomatoes (I like hunts fire roasted)

Just cook the turkey in a pot and add the other ingredients. You can add onion or whatever else you love in your chili. I just like mine easy.

Thanks!
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    i use it in place of anything that uses ground beef :)
  • hunterr
    hunterr Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Prepare as taco meat filling, but serve on boiled green beans. I like the long skinny ones from Trader Joes best.Or serve on salad greens with some chopped tomato.

Cook up with a bunch of vegetable that are normally on pizza or in spaghetti sauce, add some chopped tomato at the last minute and serve on broccoli or cauliflower. Add Parmesan of very low fat mozzarella cheese.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    This recipe is soooo easy and tasty! Low fat and low sodium as well. It makes a lot, so there's plenty of leftovers for lunch the next day. I love it over pasta - it's like a chunky sauce! Enjoy.

Turkey and Vegetables

1 lb. ground turkey or chicken
    2 cups fresh tomatoes, diced and undrained
    1 ½ cups fresh onion, diced
    1 cup fresh sweet corn
    1 med. green pepper, diced
    Salt, pepper to taste
    1 tbsp. Minced garlic
    2 tbsp. Worcester sauce
    15 oz. can tomato sauce

Brown meat and drain.

In skillet, sauté onion, corn, pepper in water until tender. Add salt, pepper, garlic, Worcester sauce and cook 2-3 minutes. Add cooked meat, tomatoes and tomato sauce. Simmer 10 minutes. Serve over rice or pasta.
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    what can i cook with ground turkey for dinner 2 night guys i need some ideas!

I brown 1 package of lean ground turkey with one diced onion, a diced zucchini, 1c. diced mushrooms, 1 tsp. garlic salt. Cook til brown and veggies soft. Then add 1/2 c. ff plain yogurt and one can healthy select cream of mushroom soup. Then serve it either over whole wheat pasta or brown rice. It's a healthy take of stroganoff.