Introducing myself here

Options
I wasn't sure I was going to participate in the message board here. But then I said ahh..what the heck :)

I'm Nicole/Nikki. I'm a 29 year old mother of three. Back in June I got some scary news back from some blood work I had done. It was that moment that I was forced to do something about my weight. You see, I was border line diabetic. My fasting blood sugar came back and it was 125.

My Dr. and I talked for a little while and we both decided that I should start takin a drug called adipex. I took the adipex for 8 weeks. This was to get me started. In that 8 weeks I lost 19lbs. Not only did I take the adipex but I started working out and eating right.

In June I weighed 256lbs at 5'6.

Today I weigh 208lbs.

I feel a lot better, I look better and I'm happier. My goal weight right now is 160. I work out five days a week for about 2 hours a day and I eat healthy but also cheat once in a while :)

Today I am proud of myself and my accomplishments. My kids have a healthier mother and I'm super excited to get to my goal weight and be who I want to be not only inside but out as well.

Replies

• adk1971
    adk1971 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Wow, well done!
  • Nikkisjourney
    Options
    It has been sooo hard. I have no support, really. And I'm still struggling to get my diet/nutrition right. Some times I', just not hungry, so I don't realize that it's almost 1pm and I've not eaten. So I have it set on my phone now 5 times a day I get a "go eat" reminder. It's really been a life saver!
  • heidimille
    heidimille Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That is great! Adipex races my heart and I cant take it. It seems o have dontgreat for you though....congrats!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I am borderline myself. It has gotten to the point now where I drop too low....My go eat reminder is my husband when I am at home and believe it or not my Hi-Lo driver when I am at work. :smile:

I know how it is to have no support with diet. Before I met my husband I had no-one. It showed too! I would be more then happy to be an on-line support friend.
  • heidimille
    heidimille Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have picked out a "ticker", can anyone please tell me where to post the url for it at? thanks so much =)