Quick and Yummy Quesadilla?

Options
jjcrew22
jjcrew22 Posts: 7 Member
Someone posted about this last night and I was wondering if anyone has any really good recipes that are easy. Seems like this would be quick and easy and I am all about that.

Replies

• gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Once you have the ingredients at hand this takes just a few minutes!

Quick Chicken Quesadillas

INGREDIENTS

1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (about 2 ounces)
    1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (about 2 ounces)
    4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
    1 1/2 cups shredded, cooked chicken (about 8 ounces)
    2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
    Guacamole, for serving (optional)
    Salsa, for serving (optional)
    Sour cream, for serving (optional)

INSTRUCTIONS

Combine the cheeses in a medium bowl.

Heat a large frying pan over medium heat until hot, about 3 minutes. Place a tortilla in the pan and sprinkle with half of the chicken, half of the cilantro, and and half of the cheese mixture. Top with a second tortilla and cook until the underside of the bottom tortilla is golden brown in several spots and half of the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes. Using a spatula, carefully flip the quesadilla over and cook until the underside of the second tortilla is crisp and golden brown in several spots and all of the cheese is melted, about 2 to 3 minutes more.

Slide the quesadilla from the pan onto a cutting board and cut into wedges. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make a second quesadilla. Serve topped with guacamole, salsa, and sour cream, if desired.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    love quesadilla's, I know you can make them on the stove top but I bought a quesadilla maker and I love it because it is so quick!

I add chicken, peppers & onions and cheese. Then top it with pico del gallo or salsa and sour cream
  • sarrah_n
    sarrah_n Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Wheat tortilla, low fat cheese, *pick your protein*, peppers, tomato, and salsa/pico.
  • shauck0503
    Options
    A toaster oven is a quick and easy way to make a quesadilla without the stovetop or quesadilla maker. Set the toaster oven to 400* for about 8 minutes and you get a crispy, cheesy quesadilla. Watch the quesadilla cooking the first time because cooking times vary due to different toaster ovens settings. I hope this helps. Have a great day!
  • silveropes
    silveropes Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    two of my favorites are caramelized onion and cheese or apple and cheddar
  • burtnyks
    burtnyks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Just saw a recipe for mango beef quesadillas. You put a 2lb roast in the crockpot with 1 cup BBQ sauce of your choice. Then use it as filling with shredded cheddar and mango! Sounds delicious!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I just layer light cheddar and refried beans on a tortilla, add another one on top, and put in the toaster oven for 5 minutes. Then eat plain or with salsa, sour cream, guacamole... Could put any meat in too.
  • 199WillDo
    199WillDo Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Bump