not losing weight for 2 months..need help

Options
hii ..i am 5'3" and weighing 133 lbs..my goal weight is 110 .i have been exercising for 1 hour(30 min walk and 30 min exercise like jumping jacks,push ups,planks etc) from past 3 months and eating 1300 cal with 1 cheat day per weak.. For 2 months i was losing inches but not weight. but from last month i havent lose any inch..its very frustating..need help ..what i am doing wrong..

Replies

• kefalo
    kefalo Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    This happened to me, and then I found out that I have some issues with wheat - so I took bread and pasta out of my diet and the weight started falling off again (I still eat carbs though - beans and rice mainly).
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing and measuring all of your food?
  • RippedMisha
    Options
    If you keep doing the same workout all the time, your body adapts and you plateau. You need to change up your workouts to start making progress again. Turn your 30 min walk into a 30 min run. Or even better, find some cardio that you enjoy. Try running, biking, swimming, sports, dancing, martial arts, a boot camp, workout DVDs.... it could be virtually anything. Just find something you enjoy so that you're motivated to keep doing it and mix up the workouts.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    If you keep doing the same workout all the time, your body adapts and you plateau. You need to change up your workouts to start making progress again. Turn your 30 min walk into a 30 min run. Or even better, find some cardio that you enjoy. Try running, biking, swimming, sports, dancing, martial arts, a boot camp, workout DVDs.... it could be virtually anything. Just find something you enjoy so that you're motivated to keep doing it and mix up the workouts.

This. Time of day counts too.

Also, as you get thinner you burn less calories. Formula is (work x weight x time) - at rest calorie burn = actual calories burned.

For instance, walking is .036 (calories burned) x 130 = 4.36 calories burned per minute x 30 = 130.8 cals burned for 30 minutes of walking at 130 lbs - .009 x 130 = 1.17 x 30 = 35.1. Difference is 95.7. So for 30 minutes walking you are now burning 95.7 cals. Does this make sense? Anyway, the other exercise is cross between aerobic and anaerobic so I'm guessing about the same as walking per minute.

Another thing. 10 minutes of "wake up" exercise to kick start the metabolism might help too (I do abs).

Just to let you know, not sure I'm the best for advice. I worry about size not weight. I'm a large frame so 130 for me is a size 5 or a small and I'm good with that.
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing and measuring all of your food?

This.