i messed up soo bad

well i messed up soo bad, i havent been on in a month and i gained like 10 pounds over the holidays and at first i was doin soo good but now i am soo behind, anyways i am doin a new years resolution so i can get in that bikini this summer and i want to loose 40 pounds. will someone give me some support i would really appreciate it.

Replies

• natashav
    natashav Posts: 108 Member
    well i messed up soo bad, i havent been on in a month and i gained like 10 pounds over the holidays and at first i was doin soo good but now i am soo behind, anyways i am doin a new years resolution so i can get in that bikini this summer and i want to loose 40 pounds. will someone give me some support i would really appreciate it.
  • I am new to this and I want to get into that bikini this summer as well. I am in the same boat as you! You can do it I am here if you need anything!

Jenny
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Don't beat up on yourself, it's not worth it. Just start over again tomorrow. It's like six months till June you have time to get there, If I can lose 30 in 4 months you can do the same. Just pay attention to your exercising and keep to the 1200 cals a day. I lost most of mine walking an hour a day. If you are in a snowy area try skiing or skating or snow shoeing. Just keep moving. I know you can do this, it is possible.
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    yje holidays messed up many people including me.... I am getting back on track and u can do it as long as u are honest with yourself......put in everything u eat and u should be fine. when u feel like giving up I will be here 4 support
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    We fall off, we get back on, we fall off we get back on. Welcome back, we look forward to hearing about your excellent progress this New Year!
    Anne
  • Just stick with it and get your *kitten* the to gym ( or better yet, get on the floor and do some sit ups , push ups you'll be there in no time!! Make sure you post that bikini pic ;)

JD
  • im new to this...and we all mess up at sometime...don't beat yourself up....be proud of yourself..for knowing that you have to get back into the swing of things....i've messed up many times...and i have 60 lbs to lose...if ever you need me im here and i'll probably be needing you as well :)
  • :indifferent: I definately messed up too. I haven't been on here since the day before christmas or something and I've gained like 2 pounds :frown: and I haven't been to the gym. That pisses me off even more. I mean I can handle being fat and in good shape, but fat and lazy really suck :frown: I totally understand your feelings!
  • Patwin55
    Patwin55 Posts: 100 Member
    It is hard and it takes a while. Just remember to love yourself. Beating yourself up doesn't help. Tomorrow is always another day. Remember, God don't make no junk!
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    I am not going to say I messed up and gained 10 pounds over the holidays. I am going to say I had a WONDERFUL time with my family. We had a full week of visiting and eating wonderful food and made great memories that I will never forget. I haven’t had this much fun and good times since my husband and I spent Christmas with our son in Aspen where he was living and working at the time. It was our son’s first year there and he had no vacation so his dad and I went out there. This year we had Christmas here with the whole family for a change. It was great!!
    Yes, I gained. I will now get busy and lose it. I don’t like the fact that I gained. But like I said I will now get my butt in high gear and lose what I gained.
    Natasha don’t beat yourself up hun. We can do this and we will be OK. You are not alone….we are here for each other.
    LoJo :flowerforyou:
  • This is a marathon, not a sprint. There will be times you fall, the important thing is you get back up and try again. I have had no success with weight loss, but I saw my sister at Christmas and she has lost 85 pounds. She looks great. I know if she can do it so can I and so can you. You just have to stick with it. Celebrate your good days and identify what causes a bad day so you can have fewer of them. By summer we can post our pictures of us in bikinis!
  • the day is not over, there is still time to barf
  • the day is not over, there is still time to barf

Probably not the right kind of support she needs......but it did make me laugh. :laugh:

DON'T BARF! Hit the gym and start burning off those extra calories. You can do it! Those pounds will come off before you know it. Just get back on track.
  • chepic
    chepic Posts: 17 Member
    I am not going to say I messed up and gained 10 pounds over the holidays. I am going to say I had a WONDERFUL time with my family. We had a full week of visiting and eating wonderful food and made great memories that I will never forget. I haven’t had this much fun and good times since my husband and I spent Christmas with our son in Aspen where he was living and working at the time. It was our son’s first year there and he had no vacation so his dad and I went out there. This year we had Christmas here with the whole family for a change. It was great!!
    Yes, I gained. I will now get busy and lose it. I don’t like the fact that I gained. But like I said I will now get my butt in high gear and lose what I gained.
    Natasha don’t beat yourself up hun. We can do this and we will be OK. You are not alone….we are here for each other.
    I hate to sound like Family Feud, but "good answer, Loretta"!! It's so easy for all of us to focus on the negative, probably because we get so much practice at it. Christmas should be a time to focus on family. This year I focused on my plan for the new year (starting on this website) and enjoyed my time with my family. Now I will keep in mind that every journey can be taken on the freeway or the scenic route. The scenic route might take a little longer, but you still get to your destination ultimately. Christmas of 2008 (and probably Thanksgiving too!) will be my times to venture briefly onto the scenic route, but then return to the freeway. :laugh:
  • HAHA Sparticus. That's motivation if I've ever heard it. Natashav... you can do it, and everyone is here for you. And Sparitcus wanting you to post the bikini pic... well, I'll do it if you do. :) You go girl
  • And I agree with Reesejd. I don't think purging is the kind of support we give here.
  • :flowerforyou: THAT WAS A VERY ENCOURAGING NOT JUST FOR HER BUT FOR ALL AF US IN THSE STRUGGLE TO BE FIT
    THANKS
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    I hate to sound like Family Feud, but "good answer, Loretta"!! It's so easy for all of us to focus on the negative, probably because we get so much practice at it. Christmas should be a time to focus on family. This year I focused on my plan for the new year (starting on this website) and enjoyed my time with my family. Now I will keep in mind that every journey can be taken on the freeway or the scenic route. The scenic route might take a little longer, but you still get to your destination ultimately. Christmas of 2008 (and probably Thanksgiving too!) will be my times to venture briefly onto the scenic route, but then return to the freeway. :laugh:

What a wonderful way of putting it. I will tell my chapter that tomorrow morning at our meeting.
    Thanks for that insight on this journey we are all on.