To all my casein users......

Options
tynishabeezfit
tynishabeezfit Posts: 154 Member
What is your favorite brand and what is your favorite way to take it? Other than water and a shaker cup.

Replies

• notyouraveragetalia
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition Chocolate Casein.

Sludge:
    1 Scoop Casein
    3-4 Tablespoons water
    2 packets Stevia
    2 Tablespoons Peanut Flour/PB2

Mix together and freeze for 10-20 minutes
  • marceyabrons
    marceyabrons Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Met-Rx Chocolate mixed with 1/2 of almond milk & 1/2 water
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Benefits of whey or casein?
  • kwedman488
    kwedman488 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Optimum nutrition chocolate supreme. I hate sludge, so I either make it into a milkshake by mixing a scoop with a cup of skim milk and blend with a bunch of ice cubes, or I've recently become a fan of making them into pancakes:
    1 scoop choco casein
    1 tbsp cocoa powder
    1 tbsp sugar free choco syrup (optional)
    ~2.8 oz vanilla Greek yogurt (half of an individual package)
    Dash cinnamon (optional)
    3-4 tbsp egg beaters (I find 4 to be better)
    1/2 cup almond milk (or until you get the batter consistency you want)

I'm going to try adding some cacao nibs to them tonight as choco chips. I've done diced apples before as well as raisins, both work well also. My boyfriend loved when I put some regular chocolate chips in them since he's bulking at the moment haha
  • kwedman488
    kwedman488 Posts: 132 Member
    Options

Whey protein digests quickly, which makes it ideal right after a workout to refuel your muscles. Casein protein digests much more slowly, making it ideal right before bed to help the healing process your body goes through overnight and reduces soreness the next day. Both of them are milk proteins, so many people prefer to just consume milk or yogurt to get it. I prefer the powders because it gives me only the one protein I want at the time, and for only 70 some cents a scoop. So I personally use both, but it comes down to personal preferences and fitness goals.
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options

Whey protein digests quickly, which makes it ideal right after a workout to refuel your muscles. Casein protein digests much more slowly, making it ideal right before bed to help the healing process your body goes through overnight and reduces soreness the next day. Both of them are milk proteins, so many people prefer to just consume milk or yogurt to get it. I prefer the powders because it gives me only the one protein I want at the time, and for only 70 some cents a scoop. So I personally use both, but it comes down to personal preferences and fitness goals.

Thnk u!
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Bump...LOVE the ON Chocolate Casein...need to try some of these variations!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    I've only had Dymatize (probably spelling it wrong). The vanella was ok, the cookies and cream was terrible. they also have a slow release whey that for some reason is a lot cheaper.

i've never been able to mix it in a shaker cup, just doesn't mix good, have to use a blender.

If taste is an issue i'll usually mix it with a better tasing whey
  • tiffd1000
    Options
    This morning I used the Matrix peanut butter cookie protein powder (Undenatured Whey Protein, Micellar Casein & Egg Albumin
    ) in my green smoothy & it tastes very good! I used Kale, Banana, Strawberries, Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, Protein, & a bit of vanilla greek. --- VERY Tasty!