Need Help

Options
Good evening,

I'm tired of trying to lose weight. I've tried everything except keeping track of what I actually eat. I just logged 2 days worth and I'm shocked at my calorie intake. No wonder I'm gaining weight!!! We will see if this works.

Replies

• qwho
    qwho Posts: 157
    Options
    logging in every single thing you eat works ... and until you do, you can have no real idea how much you are eating, the system works, it keeps you accountable and once you know how many calories you should be eating every day to reach your goal it makes it a snap to plan your menu for each day to not go over. good luck!
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This website definitely does help. You are able to track calories in and calories out.
  • gbombolino
    gbombolino Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    oh I can tell you that it works, logging keeps you on track, coupled with daily exercise I've been able to drop, it's the only thing that has worked for me ever, so be encouraged! don't quit, you will lose if you stick with it :-)
  • FavDaughter1
    Options
    I was in the same place. Even when I though I was eating "right", I was still consuming way too many calories. This site has made all the difference! I also eat every 3-4 hours (breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner) and can usually stay at or under my calorie goal.
    Best of luck to you - you will do it this time!
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

I'm tired of trying to lose weight. I've tried everything except keeping track of what I actually eat. I just logged 2 days worth and I'm shocked at my calorie intake. No wonder I'm gaining weight!!! We will see if this works.

This really does work - There is a very simple equation to reducing your weight - less calories + increased exercise = weight reduction. It only works if you really do calculate your calories and your exercise.

If you follow the plan - it will work. You can do this.

Vickie
  • FACSTeacher40
    Options
    I can't tell you how many times I've started to lose weight and it hasn't worked. Exercise was never the problem. I go to the gym or do something active every day. It had to be my eating. Once I started tracking it became so much easier to see what was wrong (way too many calories from a bite here or grabbing something there). I teach Nutrition as part of my class and I always tell the kids that knowing what to do and actually doing it are 2 different things. I can give them all of the information, but they have to chose the balance that works.

Best of luck to you. This site has been great for me so far.