Attention Ladies!!!!

Options
No matter where I shop, I never seem to be able to find a good bra. I find that I like the support of the underwire, but they are very uncomfortable for me. I've had a child so the girls are nothing but flat pancakes. All I want is for them to be positioned where they belong, and be comfortable. Do you have a favorite brand, style, etc....

Replies

• rosemarymint
    rosemarymint Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    No matter where I shop, I never seem to be able to find a good bra. I find that I like the support of the underwire, but they are very uncomfortable for me. I've had a child so the girls are nothing but flat pancakes. All I want is for them to be positioned where they belong, and be comfortable. Do you have a favorite brand, style, etc....
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    I use Barely There. I think they are available at JC Penny's and they aren't too expensive. They are underwire and I can't tell that they are.
  • dancegirl1
    dancegirl1 Posts: 30
    Options
    "Barely There" is pretty nice...But honestly, in MY search so far, I have found a Target brand to be best...its call "Gilligan O'Mally," I believe. They have underwire for lift, can have padding/structure for support - they stay in place and are pretty comfortable. I have Victoria's Secret, Barely There and a few others but GIlligan O'Mally is my favorite...and the least expensive! (-:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    "Barely There" is pretty nice...But honestly, in MY search so far, I have found a Target brand to be best...its call "Gilligan O'Mally," I believe. They have underwire for lift, can have padding/structure for support - they stay in place and are pretty comfortable. I have Victoria's Secret, Barely There and a few others but GIlligan O'Mally is my favorite...and the least expensive! (-:

Wearing Gilligan myself
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Ooooooohhhhhh!!! I've been having bra issues FOREVER! Now, I'm by far not a girl who has a Nordstrom's budget, but I finally broke down and went in to be properly measured and fit for bras this last weekend. Let me tell you, my girls have NEVER been happier! The gal was so patient with me, kept bringing me in tons of different bras, made sure what I bought was right for me, and was just a saint! I'd been measured so wrong in the past that I was wearing a cup size too small and a band size 4 inches too big! I bought three different bras to get me started - a nice black one that re-introduced my girls to my chin (mind you, this is not an easy feat as I'm quite top heavy), a tan one for every day wear that supports and feels so much better, and a strapless for a dress I have to wear...yes...me...a STRAPLESS! Never thought THAT could happen! Sooo...I highly recommend going to Nordstroms to get measured and fitted into the right bras that work for you. Oh, and right now they're having their Anniversary sale so, even though they're still not cheap, they cost much less than regular prices! Good luck!
  • klikittyklak
    klikittyklak Posts: 144
    Options
    I like Victoria Secret's new one, the biofit. It LIFTS! lol. :laugh:
  • EllaBella
    EllaBella Posts: 140
    Options
    I like Victoria Secret too. I think the key is getting fitted and finding the right size. Bras are a pain and most days when I'm at home and not going anywhere, I don't put one on. Freedom:laugh:
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Do you have a My Intimacy near you? They custom fit bras there... they are kinda expensive but everyone I know who have gone LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the bras they buy and you can't put a price tag on that!!! Haha!

I've never had enough bra-issues to go (mine are too teeny-weeny) but maybe you should give it a try.
  • hoolihan
    hoolihan Posts: 27
    Options
    The Gap has relatively good prices and a supportive bra that doesn't use underwire. Honestly tho I agree that Victoria's Secret Biofit or Body by Victoria are fab.

I wish they'd just invent some sort of lotion u could rub on a VIOLA! instant perky and anti-bounce!

hehe
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I cannot recommend getting an actual fitting enough!!! Many women wear the wrong size, and I was for years. All of my clothes fit better now, and after my first properly-fit bra, people asked me if I'd lost weight.

Also, if it fits properly, it's not uncomfortable. :flowerforyou:
  • rosemarymint
    rosemarymint Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, very much, for your input. I've tried to get away without the fitting...:blushing: ..... I guess I'll have to suck it up.

Have a marvelous weekend!
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I was a little nervous about the fitting, too, but then I figured, "What the heck...she's a woman, I'm a woman, and she looks at boobs all day anyway." They also allow you to handle it on your own and only be in there with your shirt off but bra on. Maybe that'll help. :)
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I wear the comfort all over bra -wireless...where the straps stay in place....not much of a wire fan!
  • runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I love the Victoria's Secret Angels Embrace. I recommend getting measured though. A good fit should be a step in the right direction no matter which bra you choose.
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Victoria Secret. Haven't found a bra that I didn't like.:wink:
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    i agree with dancegirl target omally bra is great and not expensive. it was on the today show or one of those a few months ago and all of my coworkers and myself tried them i haveny heard any bad comments yet