Hmm... what do I log THIS under?

Options
I'm always stuck with things I don't know how to log. Cleaning horse stalls I log as heavy cleaning, moving haybales I log as moving boxes....

So today I spent my morning fixing fences, what the heck do I log THAT as???

Replies

• vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I'm always stuck with things I don't know how to log. Cleaning horse stalls I log as heavy cleaning, moving haybales I log as moving boxes....

Carpentry general - that's what I log putting up cabinets etc.
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options

Carpentry general - that's what I log putting up cabinets etc.
    I think that sounds right.
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Good enough for me, thanks guys!
  • SimonsGirl
    Options
    does anyone know what you'd log 30 day shred as?
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I did 39 day shred as circuit training.
  • I'm always stuck with things I don't know how to log. Cleaning horse stalls I log as heavy cleaning, moving haybales I log as moving boxes....

In general for the type of work that you're talking about ... Heavy outside chores. The best calculation I've been able to come up with is about 3.5cal/lb/hr .... In other words ... I weigh 220 lbs so if I do heavy outside work for 1hr I should burn about 770 cals.. That's based on a formula of 622cals/hr for a person weighing 185lbs. In the exercise area you can add it as cardio and type in whatever you want .... I happen to think you're cheating yourself the way you log your other outside chores. If I did that work for 2 hrs I'd burn twice the amt..
    http://www.weightbydate.com/calorie-calculator/tasks.htm
    http://calorielab.com/burned/
    These are 2 different sites that I got info from that seem to relate specifically to farming,. and allow you to enter info to get cals burned. Although I find that these 2 calculators seem to disagree with the formula I found 1st ... Or maybe I'm just calculating wrong ... But as I said ... It said 622cals/hr for 185 lb person.
  • teaqueen
    Options
    My friend sent me a link for an activity calorie calculator and it is great . Here is the addy www.primusweb.com/fitnesspartner