Salad dressing blunder !!

Options
2»

Replies

• Deebo958
    Options
    Love Kraft Light Three Cheese Ranch. My fav for salads and also for a raw veggie dip. I used to love Paul Newmans light honey mustard but the last bottle I bought was gross...don't know if they changed the recipe or if I just got a bad batch.
  • sheisbrown
    sheisbrown Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's has a really good fat free balsamic vinagarette. It has about 25 calories per serving. I think its pretty tasty.
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    I like to add pineapple to my salad and then I rarely need dressing. ALso I will sometimes substitute cottage cheese for dressing.
  • Lisagonz
    Lisagonz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    wow you guys know your dressings. i just sprinkle vinegar on my salads.
  • TheFutureIsMine
    Options
    Here's a salad I've been eating a TON of lately :)
    -red leaf lettuce
    -thin strips of yellow or orange pepper
    -red onion
    -strawberries
    -blueberries
    -a sprinkle of goat cheese
    -grilled chicked strips ( I marinate a few chicken breast at a time with Krafts Roasted Red Pepper dressing for a few hrs before grilling, then quickly grill it while I'm making the salad or grill it all at once and have it on-hand in the fridge)
    -and my new favourite salad dressing - Renee's Asian Sesame - soooo delicious with this salad. yummmm
  • The_Wallflower
    The_Wallflower Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Here is something I learned.. I hated low fat dressing so instead of deprive myself I use the dip method! I just dip the tip of my fork in my fav dressing and then stab some salad... you are probably only consuming the same amount of cals you would globbing fat free on it, if not less! It helps I promise!
  • Sheepdoglady
    Options
    For a low cal, fat free dressing I make my own.

Mix 2 finely chopped garlic cloves (8 cal) with some lemon juice, mustard powder (13 cal) and cidar vinegar (0 cals) or balsamic vinegar (20 cals depending on which brand you use) and add a little salt and pepper to taste.

I vary my salads, but I like :

chopped satsuma
    spring onions
    red onions
    lettuce
    celery
    apple
    yellow pepper

mixed with the above dressing.

If you want to add olive oil, incidently, it is a whopping 119 cals per tbsp!
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Im in search of a low calorie salad dressing that tastes great. I usually like ranch or cesear but the fat free ones of thos tast like crap! Any suggestions?

Also ive recently been adding crasins and nuts to my salad (soo good) Anyone have any other salad suggestiongs? They can get really boring but are a staple in many of our diets !

Try buying fat free plain yogurt and mixing it with a powdered ranch packet. I've tried all different flavors and that's my 'go to' dressing now