Flat iron (wet to dry)

Options
I know that this has nothing to do with weight loss but for a mini goal reward I want a new wet to dry flat iron. Anyone out there use or have any experience with this? Thanks!!!!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I don't, but I want to know, too! That would be a great reward!
  • 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    Options
    They are not good for your hair. Putting heat on wet hair will fry it. You would prob be better off with a normal one :)I LOVE the brand SEDU, Got mine from folica.com best flat iron I have ever used. :)
  • driscollmc
    Options
    i've have the BEST straightener, it's by conair and its a black outside with red panels on the inside. i don't use it on the wet setting because my hair is super thick and all but explodes haha but it works for everyone else i know that has it. it was really cheap too i think around $30 and i've had it for a while now
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Wet to dry is not good for your hair. As a previous poster said, the high heat from a flat iron on wet hair will definitely fry it. You're much better off getting a blow dryer (with heat setting low enough that you can hold your hand in front of it for at 10 seconds) and a ceramic flat iron, preferably with tourmaline ions. And the flat iron should never be turned up more than 350 degrees, the lower the better. It'l take longer to do your hair but your hair will be in much better condition.
  • NoAdditives
    Options
    And trust me on all this. My hair has a really crazy texture and I've been using all kinds of flat irons for years and years. I've gotten a lot of advice and knowledge from multiple hair stylists (including Brig, the winner of Shear Genius season 3).
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i've have the BEST straightener, it's by conair and its a black outside with red panels on the inside. i don't use it on the wet setting because my hair is super thick and all but explodes haha but it works for everyone else i know that has it. it was really cheap too i think around $30 and i've had it for a while now

I have a similar one. It's excellent. It has ceramic plates and can be used with or without the wet setting. Here's a link on their website, but I think I got it at Target: http://www.conair-store.com/product_detail.asp?T1=CON+CS36F-2PK&HDR=HAIR
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Chi? Hello?!!?
  • HannahNoelle
    Options
    Wet to Dry was my first flat iron-killed my hair, but I loved it to pieces. I have a Revlon right now which is good, but one day I want a CHI. BEST brand ever! They even have products so the iron won't fry our hair to the point of breakage:)
  • mal1973
    Options
    I have the Conair as well. While it does work on wet hair I did not like the results at all. Made my hair seem frizzy all day.
  • NoAdditives
    Options
    By the way, I have a Paul Mitchell flat iron and it's amazing! I've had it for almost three years now and it works great. I had a T3 before but just after the 1 year warranty expired it had some sort of wiring malfunction and it fried a 2-inch section of my hair off.

If you go to a beauty supply store they can give you all kinds of information on tools and products that will help protect your hair. A lot of people swear by Chi products but there are other, less expensive brands that are just as good.
  • darcibean
    Options
    I have had a CHI hair straightener for 6 years. It is the best straightener I've ever used, and several of my friends have bought one after using mine.
    I suggest using that over anything!!
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have had a CHI hair straightener for 6 years. It is the best straightener I've ever used, and several of my friends have bought one after using mine.
    I suggest using that over anything!!

agreed! my CHI is seriously the best hair straightener EVER! my hair is super thick and curly, but i can straighten all my hair in like 20 minutes with the CHI.
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    i liked the chi but the plates were too small for me. i have thick hair and wanted the larger plates. i went on folica and did reasearch and ended up with a Sedu. pricey but worth it! i've had it for 2 years and use it almost every day. and it heats up really fast and to a high temp. you can get the chi from costco for about $75 but i am not sure on the warranty.
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Please never ever ever use wet to dry on your hair - I have shoulder length naturally very curly hair and the first time I used one you could smell burnt hair for weeks in our house - my hair stayed straight ( BUT NOT IN A GOOD WAY) for a year and a half!!!!!!!!
    And if you use straighteners the best advice is not to use them over 180 degrees!