Athletic Swimsuit Help Needed

Options
Does anyone know where I can buy an athletic swimsuit for swimming laps in the pool for a tall, small busted woman? My measurements are as follows... Torso 70 inches, bust 37 inches, and hips 45 inches. I can find swimsuits for my torso length, but then the bust is about 43-46 inches and that would be way too much extra room. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!!!

Replies

• Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it's too much room? Have you tried them on? I am considerably flat chested, but basic one piece bathing suits for athletics or polo tend to be fine if I order them off of my hip measurements. My chest is much smaller and waist several inches larger than the size says, but since it's all lycra and not made with cups like a bikini, it tends to stretch where it needs to and not bunch where it doesn't.

You might try going to an athletic store and trying some on to see what the best fit is before trying to order online.
  • suttercm
    suttercm Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I saw some in Dunham's over the weekend that didn't have cups, just a liner. You would have to try them on to see.
  • RunForChai
    RunForChai Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Tyr works well for me can be a tight squeeze putting them on but swimming fit is great!
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm imagining this wrong, but how is your torso almost 6 feet long? Are you 10 feet tall?
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Competition swim suits are stretchy and don't have cups. Go try a speedo at any athletic store.

Look at the women who compete in the Olympics. Most are tall with small boobs.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Speedo.com
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    As mentioned by other posters, TYR, Speedo, and Dolfin are some of the major brands for competitive swimmers. They're great - crotch that actually covers you, and no cups. Sporting goods stores usually carry more than 1 of these brands so you can figure out which brand and cut you like best. Start at your bra band size (32, 38, whatever), then go up if needed to get a long enough suit. They're made to work on a LOT of shapes, and aren't going to sag even if you have to size up for a longer torso.

Then, if there's no mid-December sale in the shop, you can go to a site like kiefer.com and get what you want at a more reasonable cost.

If you WANT lining and an even more modest suit, try h2owear.com. They also have "long torso" sizes, as they use a different material in their suits. Great customers service if you have questions or need to exchange anything.

In any case, ENJOY YOUR SWIMMING!
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm imagining this wrong, but how is your torso almost 6 feet long? Are you 10 feet tall?

I know the length of my torso seems wrong at first glance. You measure your torso by starting at the top of your right shoulder, go down your back, up through your legs, and end at the starting point.
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    As mentioned by other posters, TYR, Speedo, and Dolfin are some of the major brands for competitive swimmers. They're great - crotch that actually covers you, and no cups. Sporting goods stores usually carry more than 1 of these brands so you can figure out which brand and cut you like best. Start at your bra band size (32, 38, whatever), then go up if needed to get a long enough suit. They're made to work on a LOT of shapes, and aren't going to sag even if you have to size up for a longer torso.

Then, if there's no mid-December sale in the shop, you can go to a site like kiefer.com and get what you want at a more reasonable cost.

If you WANT lining and an even more modest suit, try h2owear.com. They also have "long torso" sizes, as they use a different material in their suits. Great customers service if you have questions or need to exchange anything.

In any case, ENJOY YOUR SWIMMING!

Thank you and to all other posters. I will try on more styles to see if their cups aren't as big. I will also try looking at h2owear,com. Thanks again!