Afternoon Snack Calories

Options
Before I joined MFP I ate between 200-300 calories in my snacks. Now I only eat 100-200 calories a day for snack. How many calories to you eat for an afternoon snack? My current daily calorie intake about 1500 calories but MFP suggested to eat about 1,850 calories.

Replies

• Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I eat 150-200 calorie on afternoon snack.

and 120 cals on evening snack.

1560 is my maintenance.

1200-1450 is where I lose.( w/light exercise)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    My afternoon snack is usually around 500 - 700 calories
  • alechua
    alechua Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Afternoon snack: <200 calories
    Night snack: < 300 calories (includes bunch of fruits. and half bar chocolates)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Lately, I've been eating an apple with peanut butter, and then adding a hot cocoa packet to a cup of coffee. So, right around 400 calories. Oh, and last week I was adding a Russell Stover's chocolate-covered marshmallow santa to that, bumping it to about 500. This week, I'm broke, so just the apple and peanut butter.

Personally, I do better to have a light lunch and then a big snack instead of a big lunch and a light snack. If I eat too much at a time in the noon hours, I will get sleepy.
  • rbinms
    Options
    I try to eat 5 meals a day (~300-400 cals each) starting at 7A and ending at 7P and keep them all within 100 cals of each other. So my snack calories are the same as my meals.

My theory is by doing this, I'm keeping my blood sugar more stable during the day and won't binge like I used to. So far it works pretty well.
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Based on a suggestion from antoher MFP thread, I divide my total daily calories into 4 buckets (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks). I spread my snacks throughout the day, as it helps me to not get super hungry and overeat at mealtime.

Lately my routine has been:
    -Morning snack- clementine - 50 cal
    -Afternoon snack - Trail Mix - 150 cal
    -Evening snack - Beer/Wine or a cookie/sweet - 150 cal