Workout Video's

Options
Good morning All,

I wanted to get your thoughts on some of these workout DVD programs on Beachbody.com. How do you feel about or have used any of the P90X, P90X2 or P90X3 and the new one that's out T25?
Do these programs really work? Do you think you benefit more from the gym and the different cardio machines and weights or these at home programs?
Looking for some insight on these types of programs.

Thank you everyone in advance for your thoughts :)

Replies

• mimo369
    mimo369 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    my wife and i are currently using t25. we absolutely love it. we can both tell a huge difference in our bodies. we are on the last week of the alpha program. the great thing about this video is they have a "cheater" (thats what we like to call her) to help you do some of the moves if you cant do the tougher workouts.

as far as benefits from gym vs at home. you'll get arguments both ways. just have to decide which works for you. my opinion is..............exercise and eat right. cant go wrong
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    Beachbody has a lot of great program to suit everyone goals and taste.

I have done a lot of these program and my 2 favorites are : Body Beast and P90X.

They certainly work and take close attention to what you eat aka Calorie deficit to lose weight and healthy eating you will reach your goal.

I have done both : the gym and working out at home and they both have their ups and down. Obviously when working out at home you never have to wait for a machine, you don't lose time to travel to they gym, you are never afraid to look like a weirdo because no one is watching you,etc...

Gym : you have a lot of available equipment, you have access to a personnal trainer, it can be quite costly compared to working out at home, you can have to wait for machine at rush hour,etc...

I use Beachbody program for a few years now, and i have gained a few pounds of muscle while getting my body fat down to a good % and i never have been this healthy before. Could i have got the same kind of results at the gym ? I would say yes, but i love working out in the confort of my home with my own equipment.

T25 is pretty good, it is 25 minutes workout, 5 times per week. The workout are quite intense and do burn a lot of calories. They are mainly cardio workouts so you don't need much equipment.
  • Susan823
    Susan823 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input on the subject :)
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    i have used T25 and I like it. I dont do it every day, but I use it as a fill in on days that I can't make it to the gym. I think its fun.

I haven't tried the rest
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Lots of non-Beachbody videos out there, too. And by companies that aren't known for their bad business practices and multilevel marketing scams.

Check out collagevideo.com.