I wasnt sure where to post this but question on hydroxycut

Options
I've been at this weight loss thing since January. I have learned alot about myself and my body and I have lost a total of 41.6 pounds. I eat right and I bought a treadmill but I have had my share of plateus so i finally decided to try some supplements. I tried Alli but I didnt feel that I really lost any more weight on it than I would have without it. So that was a couple months ago. I ran out and never bought any more.
I had been trying to get under 200 pounds forever lol and I just couldnt no matter what I just kept teetering at 200 and 201-202. It was so frustrating!! Well last month I had some minor surgery and was out for 2 weeks. I was delighted to not have gained but a pound I think it was. Then I got back into it 3 weeks post surgery and got down to 198.6!!! I've been eating very clean and exercising but I felt myself feeling abit discouraged so I decided to start taking hydroxycut advanced. I feel like I just need a little boost to lose 20 more pounds before I get frustrated again.
I just wanted to see if anybody has taken it while doing mfp and exercising? What were your results or experience on it. Today was my first day and didnt really feel any different so thats a good thing. I am so close to my goal I think I just need like I said a little boost. I hope this helps!!

Replies

• MissyMorganFit
    Options
    You should try Shakeology. It works for everyone! Nothing compares! Send me a message & I will share information about it.

I have indeed used every fat burner under the sun at some point including Hydroxycut.

Missy
  • MandiWS
    Options
    Funny you should post this topic.....just now I was doing research on Hydroxycut for the very same reason!

I haven't used a supplement before, but I would be very interested to hear an unbiased opinion from someone who has a personal experience to share and doesn't sell the product. (I've found in my experience that a lot of those who fawn over how fabulous a product is actually sell it and therefore aren't going to give an opinion out of impartial helpfulness, but out of the prospect of gaining a sale)
  • jocelyne2
    jocelyne2 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have been on it for a week and so far 5 lbs down :smile: At first I didn't believe it because I tend to be like a freaking yo-yo be down 3 lbs one day and up 5 the next ... So I didn't log it until I made 3 days at the same weight . The first and second day seem normal but damn the last few days I feel like I have so much energy its crazy . I work 12 hr days running a daycare so Im telling you that extra boost is awesome .So far I think its working but guess I will have to wait and see if the lbs keep coming off :drinker:
  • sharmonesq
    sharmonesq Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have tried about every fat burner on the market as well (but don't sell any :happy: ). Hydroxycut may work great for some but it made me very jittery. Like thought I was going to have a heart attack jittery. I had to quit using anything becuase of my stomach issues, but the best I used was the BSN fat burner.
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    The "secret" of Hydroxycut is lots and lots of stimulants. In the list of ingredients, you'll find a long line of them, including green tea extract, guarana extract and Garcinia cambogia. Guarana is a shrub native to Venezuela that has seeds containing double the amount of caffeine in coffee beans. In Brazil, guarana is commonly found in cola-based soda. Large amounts of caffeine like this raise your blood pressure and body temperature, causing you to burn more calories, in theory.

Garcinia cambogia is a fruit indigenous to India that looks like a small pumpkin. Extract from the fruit's rind contains hydroxycitric acid (HCA), which supposedly inhibits an enzyme that turns extra carbohydrates into fat. And it might be this ingredient that's behind the recent FDA warning and product recalls. According to a press release issued by the FDA, the agency received 23 reports of serious liver-related health problems, including the need for a liver transplant and one fatality due to liver failure. Ano Lobb, a public health researcher who has studied dietary supplements -- including Hydroxycut -- for Consumer reports, thinks HCA could be the culprit, since at least one medical journal has linked it to liver-related health problems.

Because it's a stimulant, Hydroxycut can give you heart palpitations, sweaty palms, headaches, dizzy spells and sleepless nights. And if that's not enough fun, you can become dehydrated, restless and develop a mean case of the shakes.

In a nutshell, products proven to prevent or cure a disease or illness (think prescription medications such as antibiotics), are closely regulated by the FDA and must have FDA approval before going to market. Dietary supplements, however, are not handled in the same way. The FDA does not look at these products prior to their entering the market. What the FDA can and will do, as in the case of the warning against Hydroxycut, is step in and take action involving a harmful or tainted dietary supplement once it's readily available on store shelves.

The point I am trying to make is that while Hydroxycut might work, you'll also likely experience some side effects - minor or major. This is a supplement that has not been evaluated like the Alli you were taking. Just be careful and make a smart decision about what you're going to take.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    The best thing I've tried is Thermo CLA by GNC.
    Yes, I do work there, but when I took it, I lost the most weight AND inches.

It has L-Carnitine, which is one thing we were told to take at the weight loss center.
    It has the thermo stuff and obviously the CLA.

I took it from about 240 lbs to about 195 lbs, then it stopped being as effective.

I'm taking Lipo-6 Black Hers now and it helps with the appetite.
    Been about 2 weeks and I've not lost any weight, but it's helping with energy and about 80% of the appetite (thanks to TOM and getting a cold). I'm also doing KettleWorx so I don't know if the inches I've lost in the last few weeks are from the supps (fat loss) or exercising.

One thing I've noticed, and read, is that when combined with diet and exercise, you get the most benefit when you have more weight to lose.

Oh, and you should cycle your thermogenics :)
  • skeene07
    skeene07 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I take hydroxycut now. But I actually take it for the energy it provides me rather then anything else.
    I work the nightshift and take one before work. It gives me plenty of energy for my night but then I can go home and go right to sleep without effects.

I did take it last year and lost 65lbs but can't give hydroxycut credit because I ate at a calorie deficit and did a lot of running.

I have to say that everyone is different. As you know, what works for one doesn't work for others.
    And also I never took the recommended doses. Just one or two per day.
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I took Hydroxcut several years ago in high school just to try it. I don't know if it's changed since then, but I remember that as the weeks went on you ended up taking 3 pills 3 times a day! At that point the biggest thing I remember experiencing was the insomnia. I'd go to bed around 11 but would be wide awake til at least 2am. I would try what the previous posted said, and just have 2 per day. Good luck!
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    hydroxy cut well atleast one of the variations i saw's main ingredient was ephedrine hcl (ephedra was illegalized same thing different name) its an over priced version of the ecy stack without the yohimbine idk if i wanted to take a supplement like that i would just do the ecy stack because the ephedrine the caffeine and the yohimbine work better than hydroxy cut and its alot cheaper just my two cents im really considering it but i think its cheatin :o not sure tho

p.s i hate people that market shakeology im not gonna spend extra money on a protein meal replacement ill just go buy protein that fits my needs