Anyone here have gallbladder issues?

Options
2»

Replies

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I lived with the attacks for 5 years. By the time I would finally go (2-3 hours of pain) get to the ER (2.5 hour drive) and finally be seen (2-3 hours waiting) I would have passed the stone and the pain would be gone. It went undiagnosed until I passed out at work during a bad attack and they took me to the ER right next door (had moved to AZ). I waited 2 weeks before surgery and every day the surgeon would come into my work and check to make sure I was ok. I had a couple mini attacks the couple days after surgery from the stones that were still rattling around inside the ducts. Since then I have not had a problem at all.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Doing another cleanse tonight. Going to shoot for one cleanse a month. Hate, hate, HATE the cleanses, but they've provided relief and I'm hopeful that I will see continued improvement. Wish me luck (because tonight is going to TOTALLY SUCK for me).

Charmagne
  • steffi1686
    steffi1686 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I just had my gallbladder removed on Halloween. I went to the ER thinking I had a stomach ulcer or something, but it ended up being gallstones. One of the stones was stuck in the bile duct causing a backup of bile in my system and inflammation in my liver. It also gave be jaundice ( skin turned a bit yellow and felt itchy). Luckily I was able to pass the stone before having the surgery and they were able to remove it via laproscopic surgery. I am happy to have had it removed so I won't have to deal with having another severe attack. You should really consult a doctor about having yours removed. Depending on where a stone gets stuck in the duct, the irritation can cause pancreatitis which my surgeon said was one of the worst medical conditions and many people who end up with pancreatitis die. I personally think that removing the gallbladder is the lesser of two evils.
  • jclguru
    jclguru Posts: 123
    Options
    I had my gall bladder and stones removed last year. It was suppose to be an outpatient
    surgery. They thought I only had 2 stones. Turns out I had enough to make a necklace,
    I had 23 stones removed.

Needless to say, I had to stay overnight cause it took so freaking long.

Doug