Hello from NY

Options
I've been on MFP for a while. Can't remember for the life of me if I ever introduced myself.

Hello. My name is Pamella. I live in Western New York, close to Niagara Falls. I'm 41 (almost 42!!!!! yay). Married for 19 years, have two awesome kids, work for the NY State Court System (love my job).

I've been overweight since I was in 9th grade. For the first time in my life, I've been seriously working at losing weight. Joined a gym in March and love it. Like a lot of people, I had a crappy childhood thanks to an abusive father but.....nothing I can do about that other than view it as something that made me stronger and taught me what type of parent not to be. Unfortunately, because of that childhood, I am an emotional eater and have never felt myself worthy of taking the time to care for myself. I'm taking the time now!!!!

My favorite things are hockey, making jewelry, hockey, cooking, hockey and.....more hockey.

Not sure how to get to know people from here....but look forward to figuring it out and "meeting" others.

Replies

• hayley9914
    hayley9914 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi from sunny England!! (makes a lovely change!!)
    Feel free to add me!!
  • Pamella513
    Pamella513 Posts: 72
    Options
    Hello! Forgive me.....add you? Have no clue what that means and/or how I'd do that. UGH. Help!
  • Orient_Charm
    Orient_Charm Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    To add someone as friend click on his name ==> add as friend.
    Feel free to add me ;-)
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I'm another Western NYer! I'm in Rochester. :smile:

To "add" someone, click on their username or picture, and that will take you to that person's profile. Once there, you will see a green button that says "Add as Friend". Click that to add someone as a friend, and they will then be on your friend's list.
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Hi! Kenmore NY here. I will send you a friend request... Love hockey too but soooo dissapointing this year :sad:

I can relate to your emotional eating, I think that's a common thread for many of us. It's good you recognize your drivers of bad habits, it's then finding ways to manage them that helps to make this journey a positive one:flowerforyou:
  • Pamella513
    Pamella513 Posts: 72
    Options
    Thanks for the lesson on how to add people....and thanks for the welcome!!
  • PersonalTrainerAndy
    Options
    Buffalo NY here! Feel free to add me and chat
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hello from snowy Long Island
  • Babiedoll36
    Babiedoll36 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Amy from Erie,Pa Always looking for new friends! I sent you a friend request
  • howaboutit
    howaboutit Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello! I love your attitude - a friend request has been sent.....
  • Cayjominara
    Cayjominara Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi there! It sounds like you are ready to turn some things around in your life for the better. It also sounds like you are wresting the control away from your life's circumstances and into your capable hands! Good for you! I too come from a past full of rejection and unfortunately, some abuse. But you know what? It is the PAST. The past only has as much control as we give it. Kudos to you for being strong enough to try and move past it! You hit the nail on the head when you said you were going to use the past to make you and your future stronger! That's my philosophy...use the pain and the hurt to push you into extreme levels of GREATNESS!

Thanks for reaching out to this fine community! If you find the right group of individuals, you will never want for support, encouragement, and motivation. Have an AMAZING 2014!!!

-Nathan

PS: I LOVE NY. i spent a couple of years in Syracuse about 20 years ago. I think I left some of my heart there!