**WOMAN** plz read

Options
**sorry if you're a man and decides to read this* but do you girls do full workouts and stuff when its the time of the month??? i cant see myself ding full workouts.. lol just curious to know if this yall like take a few days rest during that time?

Replies

• Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I keep going...business as usual. And generally it makes me feel better.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing...and it usually does help!
  • iamstronger247
    Options
    i think so to i heard that it helps with cramps?
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I don't take a break unless I have horrible cramping (which has gotten tons better since I've been losing weight). If I keep going it seems to make my TOM leave quicker. Everyone is different though.
  • changling82
    changling82 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm with the other ladies. I work out the same!
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    In the past I refused to workout during TOM because I just didn't believe it could POSSIBLY help. Boy was I wrong! Last month and this month I was determined to workout regardless of TOM and I felt so much better! I won't let it stop me from working out again. I did have to take Advil before hand for cramps and such but I still felt better afterwards. :)
  • beylover
    Options
    i'm always very uncomfortable so, I normally take a time off at that time. but now that you guys are saying that it does help to keep moving, i'll try.
  • strongerthanb4
    Options
    I have to agree with the other women replying, I did not use to during my TOM, but I do now and it does help so so much. Also I will have NO weight gain. And yes cramps are quite a bit better, and I don't feel so tired. Good luck with what ever you decide. Hope this has helped!
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Well, let me start by wishing you all the luck in the world on your weight loss. I have to say, that losing weight is not an easy thing to do, and neither is working out. I remember it being very hard trying to work out, during that time of the month. It is hard trying to focus on your workout, when you have that other stuff on your mind. Just, remember that you are doing this for you and no one else. You have to keep your mind on you, and what you do, and also how you feel about yourself. If you concentrate on a mild workout and what you eat, then you will succeed on your weight loss. When I started thinking about losing weight, I was almost 170 pounds. Now that I am very focused on this, I am down to 144, and I feel so much better. I am glad I found out aboout this site. It helps a great deal. Keep up the good work. And again, good luck.
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I also workout during that time. I don't want to give myself any excuse to skip a workout!!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I do the cardio and weight training. I get a lot of back pain during mine, and the elliptical really helps with that. The only thing I nix is swimming, steaming and sauna. I'm afraid the guys in the sauna will be able to smell it. And tampons have a tendancy to totally leak when I wear them. I still do the hot tub, it really helps.
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I keep going it actually helps with the cramps =)
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    no resting here.

....but that's mostly bc i'm getting away from the chaos, that is my home. so even tho i feel like a raging crampy *kitten*, it's better than being a raging *kitten* w/ my family :D
  • Nicolletta
    Options
    I keep going...business as usual. And generally it makes me feel better.

This. Exercise helps keep the cramps and crankiness to a minimum.
  • CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    Like a lot of the other ladies, for me it's business as usual. It helps with cramps and keeping water retention to a minimum, not to mention I get a little mood boost.
  • fluffy2010
    Options
    Exercise the the LAST thing I want to do!!! But, I do it. I feel great after!! It takes cramps away and it gives me an out for my grumpiness:)
  • diverdi
    diverdi Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I step things down a bit, still exercise but I find I can't run quite as fast or as long. I quite often skip karate, more out of fear that the combination of high kicks and stretches and an all-white outfit could lead to highly embarassing consequences!
  • iamstronger247
    Options
    Thanks girls!!!! :D
  • hallswan
    Options
    I work out around TOM - keeps me sane and i eat less which is all good - I think you should always try to do something - whether its half an hour on your machine of choice - I have taken to running - and I feel so much better!

One thing I have noticed - and i would like to know if anyone else has noticed - my heart rate is a lot higher than when I am not at TOM - I normally have a max of 169 when I work out - but when I am TOM I have gone as high as 191 - now I feel no different - a little sweatier - but i am generally warmer around that time - anyone else notice this?
  • jmathews
    jmathews Posts: 196
    Options
    I have migraines associated with the TOM and exercising is a HUGE help...don't stop!