Why do I feel so bloated even losing weight?

Options
It...doesn't make sense. I'm in a -1000 calorie deficit. I'm not eating a ton if carbs. I lost a couple lbs this week! So why do I feel so bloated? It doesn't make any sense to me. And my fat feels squishy. Like everything is more loose

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Are you intaking a lot of sodium? Drinking enough water?

I know when I've lost weight in the past everything gets a little saggy. Just got to keep working at it, things will eventually tighten up.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    What are you eating? Feeling bloated could be your digestive system being unhappy with something you're eating..
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Carbs are ok for you. Everything is ok in moderation. If you have a terrible diet then its a different kettle of fish, but otherwise, no probs if you ask me.
  • Chrisdoc1984
    Options
    Could be salt/sodium (?)... I find that I get like that for a few days after a takeaway, or something junky like nachos/pizza, kinda bloated and more "wobbly" than normal. It never happens on the day that I eat whatever it is, but for maybe the next two days after it. Someone told me once that it was the sodium in the food causing your body to hold on to fluid a little more... usually flushes out.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Don't know about the bloating - could be a reaction to something you're eating. But I always feel squishy before I drop weight. I've never lost weight in a linear way, really, but in batches. This is a good read:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    It...doesn't make sense. I'm in a -1000 calorie deficit. I'm not eating a ton if carbs. I lost a couple lbs this week! So why do I feel so bloated? It doesn't make any sense to me. And my fat feels squishy. Like everything is more loose

How much water are you drinking? Water really helps with that bloated feeling.

As for squishy feeling fat....I'm sorry, I have no feedback on that.
  • Fern890
    Fern890 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Don't know about the bloating - could be a reaction to something you're eating. But I always feel squishy before I drop weight. I've never lost weight in a linear way, really, but in batches. This is a good read:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html

Thanks so much for posting this, I have lost loads of weight which is great but am left with this squishy wobbly layer that I never had before.. which according to this article is not uncommon .... feeling much more positive now :)
  • WildlyCurly
    WildlyCurly Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Sodium intake might be a bit too high, and you might not be drinking enough water.