New Weightwatchers system

Options
All fruit and most vegetables are now 'points free' - you can eat as much as you like of them. Apparently the new system has been tested in clinical trials and it works.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1326447/Weight-Watchers-Pro-Points-plan-A-new-approach-dieting-success.html

I'd be interested to know what you guys think..

I think I might give it a go, I LOVE fruit and if I can eat as much as I like, I really think I'd give up every other food I'm not supposed to be eating - even chocolate (yikes did I just say that!?) . :happy:

Replies

• clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Interesting! I'm surprised that fruit is now completely points free because of the sugar content (most veggies have been points free for years). I must have a look at that. Thanks for posting!
  • virginiagomes
    virginiagomes Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    And what about the sugar content?
  • ntp0826
    ntp0826 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    But can't you only have a certain amount of 0 points foods everyday?
  • Deebo958
    Options
    I can't imagine all fruits would be "free". My love of bananas, at over a 100 calories a pop, would so get me into trouble!!
  • jodie_t
    jodie_t Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Yeh me too with the bananas. And the raspberries/melons/strawberries/blueberries. I love fruit, can eat it by the bucketload. Well I dunno maybe there's more to this than is coming out in the article. The new system starts tomorrow 8th Nov when all details will be on the WW website. If anyone is on there already, maybe they could get back to us and let us know what the catch is :)
  • jodie_t
    Options
    >>But can't you only have a certain amount of 0 points foods everyday? <<

I don't know - its about 20 years since I was last at WW, but back then zero points meant you could eat as much as you liked of those foods - I definitely remember most veggies you could eat as much of as you liked cos they were zero points..
  • jodie_t
    Options
    Here's more from another newspaper:

>>However, two major changes are being introduced, starting next week.

First, dieters will be able to eat as much fruit and vegetables as they want under the new Points Plus programme, as these will incur no points at all. The only exception is potatoes and other starchy vegetables. That is because a food's points will be calculated not on calories but on a combination of how much fat, protein, sugar and fibre it contains and how much energy is used chewing and digesting the food.

A spokesman for WeightWatchers said: "Under the old system a banana was 1.5 points and so too was a low-calorie chocolate bar. And if you wanted a treat you would probably always have reached for the chocolate bar. But now you can eat as much fruit as you want. We are trying to encourage people to eat as healthily as possible". <<

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/dietandfitness/8097369/Curry-binge-allowed-on-new-WeightWatchers-diet.html