Replies

• Ariana
    Ariana Posts: 6
    Options
    Need some support. Everything helps.:sad:
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    support with what? Needing to exercise more? or eat right?

I see you have been here since feb and this is your first post and you haven't even filled out your profile.

Try joining us in the message board get involved trust in the site and the program. It will work

:wink:
  • Ariana
    Options
    Yes I did join a while back and quit. Stupid excuses. I wish to hopefully get support from these message boards. I joined Curves for women, it's the food I need help with. I love food.:happy:
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I'm finding that the more I exercise the less I want to eat. I'm kind of losing my love affair with food. I just see how yucky too much of it makes me feel and look and I don't want any of the bad stuff. This is the first time I've ever lost any weight and I completely owe it to the site...I guess I'm addicted. But it's all good. Stick around and the weight certainly will not!!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    My only tip for dealing with the food is to "stock up" on healthy foods and carry a variety of them with you all the time...every morning when I leave for work I take a few different kinds of fruit, baby carrots, FiberOne bars, yogurt, string cheese...I literally eat all day long and never feel deprived...I have never eaten fewer calories and felt so satisfied in all my life! I eat every 2 hours or so, and when I do, it's a healthy, low calorie snack. I've even discovered that McDonald's has sugar free vanilla syrup for their iced coffee (only 120 calories for a large vanilla iced coffee), and it makes a great pick me up...not the healthiest snack ever, but it's a nice treat every once in a while...and a bunch fewer calories than the Pepsi or sweet tea I'd usually drink!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    My only tip for dealing with the food is to "stock up" on healthy foods and carry a variety of them with you all the time...every morning when I leave for work I take a few different kinds of fruit, baby carrots, FiberOne bars, yogurt, string cheese...I literally eat all day long and never feel deprived...I have never eaten fewer calories and felt so satisfied in all my life! I eat every 2 hours or so, and when I do, it's a healthy, low calorie snack. I've even discovered that McDonald's has sugar free vanilla syrup for their iced coffee (only 120 calories for a large vanilla iced coffee), and it makes a great pick me up...not the healthiest snack ever, but it's a nice treat every once in a while...and a bunch fewer calories than the Pepsi or sweet tea I'd usually drink!
  • hoolihan
    hoolihan Posts: 27
    Options
    what food do you love the most? message me and i'll try to suggest some healthy alternative choices.

i will help if i can!
  • Ariana
    Options
    Thanks. So far I've been working out 4 days a week, I've even bought new workout clothes.:smile: Thanks again for your support.
  • Ariana
    Options
    Thank you, I'll try to bring more healthy snacks to work. I'll even try to eat every 2-3 hrs. I'll let you know. Thanks for the support.:smile:
  • Ariana
    Options
    Thanks!! I love chocolate donuts, ding dongs, starbucks. Sweets mainly. I love my mexican food too!:smile: Sodas and juices too. Thanks again for your help.
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Eat lots of fresh fruits and veggetables, the less processed the better, lean meats and whole grain bread and pasta. I stay away from fried foods but if I have a craving I will eat it as long as it is within my calories. Watch out for fast food or restaurant foods, a lot of them are loadet with sodium, sugars and other junk (order salad dressing on the side only). I eat cereal ( bran flakes, cheerios, or other whole grain cereals) with a light yogurt for breakfast, for lunch a sandwich and a salad with light dressing and for dinner I divide my plate, 1/2 vegetables 1/4 starch 1/4 lean protein. For snacks I like Jello, popcorn( they have 100 calorie packs)light ice cream(130 cal for 1/2 cup) fruit or a slice of reduced calorie bread.
    There are a lot of ways to stay within your calorie limit and not feel deprived. I wish you success
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Well say so long to the ding dongs! :noway: No really. Here is what I did to get over the chocolate cravings.

1st lke laura said-get rid of the junk, if it is there you WILL eat it.

2nd I bought a small container of truffles. Hersheys has cacao reserve in a small tin. I had it by my bed and each nite I had one. I let it slowly melt on my tounge and it was my treat for being 'good' for the day.

3rd substitute the reward with exercise. I now reward myself by walking, running in the yard with my doggie, or strolling through a park.

I am so much happier. I am praying this site and the wonderful peeps on here keep me this way.

YEAH! we made a good decision today!
  • Cherylrr
    Cherylrr Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Don't know what a ding dong is.... But if it's anything like chocolate cake with cream filling.....
    TRY.....
    Hostess 100 Calorie Pack - Chocolate Cake With Creamy Filling

I've found if you try hard enough, you'll find a substitution for EVERYTHING you like....

and for the Mexican:
    Lean Cusine - Chicken Enchilada Suiza with Mexican-Style Rice
    Lean Cusine - Santa Fe-Style Rice and Beans
  • hoolihan
    hoolihan Posts: 27
    Options
    I would say that you must resist and keep the money in your pocket when it comes to purchasing these things. If they aren't in front of you, you can't eat them right?
    Every time you have a craving and can restist, put the cash you saved into a special jar. Buy something with it at the end of the month, like shoes.....love shoes...
    anyway, the longer you can resist eating sweets, the easier it will become for you. Just like with heavy greasy fried foods. Go without them for a month and see how your stomach likes them next time you eat them.
    Not good.

I like the suggestions of the pre-packaged healthy meals and snacks. Learning to prepare your own food that is healthy and tastes good is key too for long term maintenance.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    You can do this. First thing that I would suggest is to begin weaning yourself away from the sweets. Stay away from high fructose corn syrup it tends to cause cravings. I love mexican food also. Try whole wheat tortillas. Another thing that I have been doing is making fish burritos. Believe me I had never even made fish and rarely ate fish before. But it isn't difficult and you can use the same seasonings and it is a nice way to enjoy your favorite food in a healthy way. Try Mango salsa. MMMM

Another thing is freeze some fruit and make a smoothie. Frozen grapes are very tasty and that will help your sweet tooth.

When my sweet tooth gets out of control I bake a yam, and put some brown sugar ( just a small bit) sliced apple and pine nuts. So good.

Plan and prepare. Try to keep the processed foods to a minimum. I know we all use them I know I do, but try to keep them to a minimum.

You can do it one day at a time one choice at a time.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    and for the Mexican:

Lean Cusine - Santa Fe-Style Rice and Beans

OMGosh, YES!!! I eat this ALL THE TIME, covered in Texas Pete hot sauce. (Killer amounts of sodium, I know, tsk tsk me!)