Tell Me!, What is your Mantra?

Options
What is your mantra, what helps you not grab that couble chocolate chip cookie. What gets you past that wanting a second piece of pizza, or grabbing that snickers verse an apple. What keeps your mind and soul in check?

Replies

• Poofy_Goodness
    Poofy_Goodness Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    "If I eat that cookie then I was lying to myself when I said I wanted to change."

"Does this action bring me closer to or further from my goal?"
  • toddsevans
    Options
    Well, recently it became "Work *****". Thanks for that Ms. Spears. It sums things up well enough for me though.
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    My mantra is to be around and healthy for my future grandkids. I have no problem with cutting a donut in half and giving the other half to someone else. Pizza is a tradition on Mondays at work and I have one slice usually with raw veggies. I believe that all foods are ok to eat, but in moderation. That half donut I ate was it as for as sweets for the day. My health on the inside is what keeps me in check. I don't ever want to take drugs because of health issues. Like I said, I want to be here and healthy for my future grandkids.
  • bekahlou75
    bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I posted this on another forum this morning.......Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

Also, I don't want to have to log the food. Since I have a public diary it really holds me accountable.
  • musicboxes
    musicboxes Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    It helps for me to have healthy snacks on hand to munch on. I also don't deny myself the things I love, so once in while, I buy mini candy bars or mini packs of M & Ms for a treat & limit myself to 1 or sometimes 2. I like to add a few M&Ms to my homemade chex mix of a variety of chex cereal, cherrios, nuts & sesame sticks.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    "If you're gonna be something, be SUPER AWESOME"

For me that means getting and staying healthy. And if I happen to look better, I'll count it as a plus.
  • asianmonkie
    Options
    "I want to look good naked. I want to look good naked. I want to look good naked."
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Die fat girl, die fat girl...mmm WINE!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels".... my friend said that and it has really helped to keep me in line. I've never been thin so I wouldn't know... but I'm guessing someone that used to be fat must have come up with it lol I'll have to take their word for it :)
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    “It's not that some people have willpower and some don't...it's that some people are ready to change and others are not.” --James Gordon

It wasn't that I had lacked willpower, it's that I had lacked a want for change.
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    "If you need it, eat it. If you just want it, put that ish down right now and back away!"

Does that count?

OK, I don't have one. :blushing:
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    "I'm tired of starting over I'm not going to quit" ... over and over usually when I'm running! Running is a challenge for me but I love it!
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I am the lotus.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    da64862a346ae3b516cd342d74a21e08.jpg
  • KaylaBushman
    Options
    I have two,

in 60 days you are going to look back and wish you had started (made better decisions etc) today.

and

Never give up on a dream because of the time it will take to accomplish it, the time will pass anyways.
  • Krista916
    Options
    "Give it all you got"
  • THECaptainObvious
    THECaptainObvious Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Listen to your stomach and not your taste buds!
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I have two,

in 60 days you are going to look back and wish you had started (made better decisions etc) today.

THIS!!!! I've done this so many times it's not funny. This last time (last week-haha) I said to myself "ok, in 60 days you're going to look back and see alllll that time you wasted". So, I kicked my butt in gear and I've been doing well. Just thinking about how I always feel when I realize I wasted so much time wishing I could be closer to goal and knowing that I actually could be there if I had just stuck it out.
  • mrskatbevins
    Options
    I have two,

and

Never give up on a dream because of the time it will take to accomplish it, the time will pass anyways.

Today is my day 60, and you're so right. Thank you!
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Good question -
    1. Training for Spring marathons - keeps me on track with diet & exercise.
    2. Hoping to qualify for Boston marathon.