Fit by 40 2014 Goals

Options
I am turning 39 in February and I'll be damned if I am out of shape at 40 so I am committing 2014 to getting in the best shape/health of my life. I lost 20lbs in 2013 but still fell victim to the roller coaster ride that has been most of my 30s.

I have learned a lot about nutrition this past year and when I am focused I eat clean and whole foods. But when I am not I eat out a lot and don't care if what I'm putting in my mouth is good for me or not.

So starting now (a jump start on my New Year's resolution) I am committing to this and hope that I will find some buddies here who have a similar goal who can support me and team up with me to do this together. It helps when I have the accountability and coming here every day to enter my meals and exercise knowing that others are watching will hopefully help.

So if you'd like to follow along or would like my support in your path then lets buddy up and do this!!
Allie

Replies

• ahw216
    ahw216 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Day 1 has been a success. I logged my meals and my workout and am sticking to it. We have tons of leftovers in the fridge and I had a small portion of Passos and stuffing and made sure they fit into my cals for the day. Heading to bed early with the intent of getting a morning workout in. Good night.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I was hoping 2012 would be my year. It started off good, so good I got pregnant. Oopsie!!! But best oopsie ever :) so this past year I dedicated to getting off the baby weight. DONE :) now 2014 will be getting the 50 pounds off I had before my raging libido!! Add me if you like. I am a tad crass so beware ;)
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Congrats on day 1 and a great commitment. I wanted to be Fit by 48! I'm close (but turned 48 last week) Now 49 is going to be even Better!!!! Lets do this!!!!

I want to be around and healthy as long as possible for my kids
  • ahw216
    Options
    so i'm about a week and a half in since getting serious and tracking all of my meals. Today is tough. I'm feeling really tired and had a hard time with my workout this am because I felt like laying down on the mat and stretching. So I got 20 minutes of cardio in and then did just that. I stretched and rolled out my legs with a foam roller. I will go back and do the rest of my cardio tonight! :) I've got to stick with it. NO EXCUSES!
  • ahw216
    Options
    how are you guys doing with the holidays looming? I slipped a little last week becuase I made chocolate chip banana bread for folks in my office and ended up eating a bit too much! I'm back on track this week and turned down the holiday snacks our client sent us. I am determined to break 180 by the new year so I'm really sticking to healthy eating but Thursday will prove to be challenging since we have a potluck in the office! Then I'm headed to CT to see my family :) Good thing mom my has similar goals and we can keep each other in check!
    Happy holidays to you and happy eating!
  • pipka22
    Options
    The holidays are really tough. I'm excited to go home to see my family but on the other hand dreading all the cookies, pies, and eggnog. I'm trying to keep myself accountable on here too. I am really motivated to finally lose those 20 pounds and become really fit. I've always been active my whole life and pretty in shape from sports but grad school has definitely taken its toll. Any great tips?