Introduction

Options
Hi Everyone!
I am new to this site and very interested in losing weight for health concerns. This site was given to me by the in house newsletter where I work. One of the changes to our health insurance this year was the creation of a wellness plan. The company is in the process of creating this plan to help with future insurance premiums. I thought I could use your site to get a personal jumpstart on this.
I have tried and paid dearly for other weight loss sites to aid me in my journey to a more fit and healthy person. I usually give up after a while and go back to my old ways. A recent health concern scared me enough to get back on the journey with hopes of succeeding this time. I have always struggled with my weight and do not want to continue to do that. I am going to do it this time! I am asking for your encouragement and support to make this final journey into weight loss a success.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• rjgazray
    rjgazray Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I am also on the weight-loss journey and one of my reasons is also a medical condition that losing weight would seriously help alleviate. Sometimes we need those scares to get us to change. I'm glad to hear you are determined and this site is SO encouraging. There is always someone else feeling the way you feel or felt. Welcome! And feel free to add me as a friend!
  • tigerrohr1969
    Options
    Welcome and good luck...it works...if you work it....
  • tlk105
    Options
    I have a digital food scale that I am going to use again. I find it helpful, especially in the beginning. It makes it much easier to get a 3 oz portion of turkey for a salad or sandwich correct than if you were just guessing by looking at it. After using it for a while you are better able to determine your portion size visually. Measuring and weighing in the beginning of a weight loss plan is a bit of a pain, but it can help you judge portion sizes better down the road.