85 DAYS! 30 pounds gone FOREVER!

Options
CharChary
CharChary Posts: 220 Member
Hello MFP! I have finally reached my goal weight less than a week ago and have gone back and forth with posting a success story post even though I promised myself I would when I did reach my goal so here it is!

A little background..

I struggled with my body-image and self esteem for as long as I can remember. I was diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder/food addiction and depression a few years ago. After that diagnosis, it just got worse because I wasn't trying to treat the underlying issues of why I had them to begin with. I ate and ate and gained and gained. I hated myself and continued gaining weight. My body type is the kind where I only really gained fat on my mid-section so "luckily," (or so I told myself...) I was able to hide it. When I went shopping, I bought tops that hid me. I never bought clothing items that simply looked good or I thought were cute. It was all about hiding myself.

This past September I had to get a physical for student teaching. I haven't gone to a real doctor or stepped on a "real" scale in a very long time. When I did, I saw the number. It was the BIGGEST number I have ever read on a scale. I was devastated. I know this was a result of my habit of binge eating and not working out. I was miserable and felt so terribly. I knew I had to seek help to get my relationship with food under control...

I found a wonderful therapist. I see her bi-weekly now and she helped me a great deal sort out all of the underlying issues that was resulting in me eating for comfort and having such a terrible relationship with food. Before this, I would try dieting and losing weight. I was only eating 1200 calories and working out 700-900 calories off of that. It made me CRAZY and led me to binge eat. I was getting no where with that lifestyle... I saw a nutritionist who helped me design a new plan for myself and man did that open my eyes. I eat a lot more calories now! anywhere from 1600-1800 and do cardio and strength train. I feel amazing. I also have a much better relationship with food. I'm not obsessing over it or craving the same things I use to. I eat health nourishing meals and see food as fuel rather than comfort. I still have my occasional slice of carrot cake or black licorice (favorite candy ever, you are wrong if you think otherwise! which is probably 99.9% of you hahaha) but for the most part, healthy and fuel filled foods! I run and just began a wonderful strength training program with a trainer. I love it! I love this lifestyle and despite reaching my ULTIMATE goal weight, I do not plan to go back to the old habits/lifestyle I once lived. There is NO finish line with this. I will always workout and eat healthy. That is something I think a lot of people think. They see this as a temporary thing that once they are at an ideal weight, they can go back to old habits. No. I will not do that. I feel great and feel as though I look a lot better as well..

So, I'm not done! But this is where I am now. Healthy food, and working out is all it took. Losing weight was the easy part. The finding myself, getting help for my many struggles and learning new ways to cope with my feelings other than food were the challenging parts of this but I DID it. I'm not perfect though and I'm still learning. I will tell you this though, I could not have done it without the amazing site that is MyFitnessPal and all of the wonderful advice and help I have received on here. Like a lot of you, I have very little real life support. I have an amazing boyfriend that supports me and encourages me to keep going but other than that, it is my friends on here that inspire/motivate and help me out so Thank you!

NOW, 85 days on here, 30 pounds gone and a whole new body/outlook on life. I now go shopping and buy clothes I love. I actually struggle to know whether or not I actually like the clothes or how well they look haha its a CRAZY bizarre experience but one I will continue to love forever. I am really loving this new body and can't wait to change it even more through strength training. This is my first success story post but it will NOT be my last..

This lifestyle change has been the best and most challenging thing in the world. I am SO happy I did it and continue to every day. I am very much in the habit of it and enjoy the foods and lifestyle so much now. In the beginning I could barely run a mile. Now i'm running anywhere from 5-6 and lifting heavy weights. Seeing and feeling my body change is wonderful.

Also, if you feel as though you are struggling with yourself as well as your relationship with food I can't stress enough how much seeking out help can really change your life. YOU deserve to feel happy and wonderful in your own skin. Look for help. Ask your primary doctor (that's what I did..) do what you can to make yourself happier. You can overcome it. I struggled for 7+ years before doing this and am so mad at myself for not until now.. but I am happy I finally did.

now..picture time!

3_zps493ac604.jpg

2_zps7ccfa731.jpg

1_zpsbd9c3509.jpg

4_zps1c569054.jpg

I use my iPad as kind of a face blocker haha I still get nervous about sharing any pictures of myself in case someone I know in real life may find me on here. Sorry if its a little awkward haha

150 pounds to 120. 85 days of eating healthy and working my butt off! LOTS of discipline, therapy and support and love. boom!

Thanks everyone for reading! I hope this reaches out to someone who may have struggled similarly to me. Have a wonderful day!

Replies

• CharChary
    Options
    hahah yay the pictures worked this time! Sorry about posting two. I hope that you guys can see what I can see from my computer <3
  • kcb0308
    kcb0308 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You are looking awesome. I love seeing the success stories of my friends here on MFP. Way to GO!
  • YouHadMyCuriosity
    YouHadMyCuriosity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, and kudos on finding a healthy way to achieve your goal :) you are an inspiration!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    You have a rockin body lady!!! And you're inspiring me to keep going! I love your confidence now. :-D
  • CharChary
    Options
    You look amazing, and kudos on finding a healthy way to achieve your goal :) you are an inspiration!

Thank you kindly. It has been a very tough journey but one I am thankful for every single day. <3
  • CharChary
    Options
    You have a rockin body lady!!! And you're inspiring me to keep going! I love your confidence now. :-D

thank you friend! <3 Making the decision to keep going is the best one I make every single day. I hope you know how worth it you are.
  • CharChary
    Options
    You are looking awesome. I love seeing the success stories of my friends here on MFP. Way to GO!

thank you! :D
  • moveyourself
    Options
    I said this before and I'll say it again, you are truly an inspiration!
    for someone who has also struggled with binge eating and depression, I can honestly say this gives me hope that I can also reach my own goal.

WAY TO GO! You are kicking *kitten*. ;)
  • CharChary
    Options
    I said this before and I'll say it again, you are truly an inspiration!
    for someone who has also struggled with binge eating and depression, I can honestly say this gives me hope that I can also reach my own goal.

WAY TO GO! You are kicking *kitten*. ;)

lady, that means so much. As a friend of mine on here, I am so thankful for you because you've inspired me as well. You are so worth it my dear. I hope that you know that. I will continue to support and inspire you through your journey as you have with mine. Thank you so much for the kind words. If you ever want to chat about any of our similar struggles, you can message me. I would love to help in any way I can <3
  • starfish1783
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations on overcoming such a tough battle and having such success! :flowerforyou:
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss and working with the emotional/psychological side of weight loss. I think that is the part that people underestimate or don't even consider when losing weight.

Continued success!
  • Starfish1125
    Starfish1125 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!! And thank you for posting this - I have been in a terrible slump and your post has just re-inspired me! :drinker:
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Great results. You did a lot of hard work and it paid off Congrats :flowerforyou:
  • CharChary
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!! And thank you for posting this - I have been in a terrible slump and your post has just re-inspired me! :drinker:

This made my day. All I can hope for is to inspire one person who may have felt similarly to me. We all struggle and have days/weeks/EVEN months where we feel slumpy/un-motivated. It is important to remind yourself of why you began this lifestyle change to begin with. That is what I did when I felt crappy. Taking before pictures also helped. A lot of these were taken with the thought that SOMEDAY these would be before pictures on a success story post.. and here they are.

You are worth it hun.
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Well done, I love that you shared your transformation, one which was equally psychological as it was physical. You really know the true meaning of health now, and that is something you can be VERY, VERY proud of.

I'll be here to support you through your next endeavour, friend :flowerforyou:

Oh, banging bod btw :wink:
  • CharChary
    Options
    Well done, I love that you shared your transformation, one which was equally psychological as it was physical. You really know the true meaning of health now, and that is something you can be VERY, VERY proud of.

I'll be here to support you through your next endeavour, friend :flowerforyou:

Oh, banging bod btw :wink:

I think it's important to share both sides! I used to have this irrational belief that once I was smaller, everything would be easier. That was a big wake up call for me. Thank you so much! you are a wonderful pal on here and I will do the same for you. haha my body is still under construction but definitely liking my results so far <3
  • CharChary
    Options
    Great results. You did a lot of hard work and it paid off Congrats :flowerforyou:

thank you hun! <3
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Nice work!! You look amazing!!
  • BossBich
    BossBich Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    WOW !!!!!!!!!
  • BaysiderNY
    BaysiderNY Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Amazing. But you didn't write your before/after weight or height.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!