P90X vs. Insanity

Options
Hi, im Sarah - Im currently doing 90X Classic. Prior to starting the program I worked out - Ive always been working out as a part of my lifestyle. Saying that I am 5'2 weighing in at 185lbs. I am quite strong, but would like to lose 40lbs, and shed my stomach fat. Ive officially been doing the program for 4 weeks / at 6 days a week. Im following it tightly, Ive increased my weight load. My issue is, I know its working to a degree, but my weight won't go down! I am also very educated on physiology/ anatomy, and understand that weight training is better than cardio for weight loss (ie. after burn, having more muscle on your frame will increase your metabolism etc…)
I have also done insanity in the past - I am wondering if I should continue my P90X - even though I don't seem to be noticing any good results. (weight loss at 4 weeks into the program) / If I should do a hybrid (insanity / P90x), be much more strict with my diet… (this is where I lack discipline, and Im sure this is what gets me every time. and continue P90x). I feel like I get impatient, and when I don't see results I want to quit, I want to overload myself with new programs. The beach body website advised hybrids for extremely fit individuals - they said once you master both then you can combine them. Too often people who are not fit enough try to do a hybrid. (if you want to read about that I've attached the link) - But I also feel like Insanity is wayyyy to hard on my ankles. I have sustained injury from insanity before - it is high impact. I may need to buy foam matts to absorb impact before engaging in this again.

http://www.beachbody.com/product/p90x-online/newsletters/p90xnl_012.do?code=P90XNEWS_014_ART_012_ARTICLE1#article1

if anybody has any Insanity / P90X success stories, what has worked for them, when you noticed results, tips, really anything. I want to lose the weight - I also enjoy weight training.

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    What about P90x3 or Focus T25. Both are only half an hour.
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    2 Things here : Nutrition and muscle/Fat.

Nutrition : If you are not running a good calorie deficit and lack discipline on your nutrition, your body will take the extra calories and store them as fat. To burn fat, you need a good calorie deficit 500-1000 calories per day so that your body can use stored fat as fuel.

Muscle/Fat : Scale don't do the difference between fat and muscle. They only calculate your total body weight so you could be burning fat and gaining muscle mass which would it look like you are getting any results. Also with any workout program the first few weeks are adaptation, results starts to show after those weeks.

My best guess is that you nutrition is not right and you really new to focus on that if you want results.
  • she_who
    she_who Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    2 Things here : Nutrition and muscle/Fat.

What he said. Make sure your nutrition is on track, and find other ways to measure progress besides the scale. Body fat percentage, the way your clothes fit, how you look in the mirror, etc.

Also, I suspect that we're more skeptical of our own progress. My picture is the first 60 days of p90x from last year. Believe it or not, I didn't notice much of a difference then either. But looking back is a different story. Keep pushing.
  • kelag297
    kelag297 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've done P90X by itself before and had great results, I learned that I like weight lifting way more than cardio lol. Right now, I've been doing a P90X and insanity hybrid and i love it. All you do is just instead of doing P90x plyo and kenpo, you do insanity on those days, which is perfect because I was never a huge fan of plyo or kenpo. I personally can't do insanity each day because it hurts my knees, so the hybrid has been perfect for me :)
  • ShiraDarling
    ShiraDarling Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    If weight lose is your goal, then Insanity is best.