Shooting to lose 80lbs by April 21st! Who's with me?

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Why does OP look strangely familiar....

Wait a second...

OP, are you sure you're 18?

:huh:
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    OP - from your profile pic you look like you weigh about 80 lbs. No way you are currently 200, or that is not a recent pic.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Tweny pounds a month?

Um ... only if you don't eat at all, dear.
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    OP - from your profile pic you look like you weigh about 80 lbs. No way you are currently 200, or that is not a recent pic.

I was thinking the same thing
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Why does OP look strangely familiar....

NVM, I got it..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8lD9s71LYQ_ZTfF4hBS6ZAC-4jhnknFbiaHZkHAwB2SCZA0Sa
  • fr3nchy88
    Options
    Ive lost 39 in 4 months.

80 sounds pretty unrealistic.

Clean eating is the way i go. Cut out carbs and sugars- obviously not all. Anything that comes prepackaged is probably not good for you ex cakes, snacks ect... Cut out salts, frozen meet also contains a high salt intake...i guess thats how it stays good for so long. And i am not talking about food you freeze yourself. Try to prepare food in advance that way you have it ready and no need to eat out.

I find county calories nearly impossible. Different portions have a different colorie intake. So for me it does not work :)

Good luck on your journey
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    took me 6 months. no exercise, just deficit. start weight 345.

My numbers

After:

1 month : 21 pounds
    2 months : 31 pounds
    3 months : 49 pounds
    4 months : 61 pounds
    5 months : 72 pounds
    6 months : 82 pounds
    7 months : 89 pounds
    8 months : 97 pounds
    9 months : 101 pounds
    10 months : 108 pounds

I have logged every bite at MFP since 1/17/2013.
  • JessiMattson
    Options
    I feel like this is an Ana troll...
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Taken me pretty much one calendar year to lose about 73 pounds (including a few months before joining MFP). Not sure I could possibly have done it in a third of that time.
  • Transformer711
    Options
    That's an awful lot of weight to lose in only 4 months. Such a feat is not even possible on diets such as Atkins or Cambridge.

That being said, why the rush into losing such an amount? When I first set out to lose I thought the quicker the better. But once you get into it it becomes an experience. Learning about how your body works and seeing the scale fall week after week is honestly one of the best feelings. When it comes to weight loss, slow and steady definitely wins the race. If you want to keep the weight off and be healthy by the time you're at your goal weight it's much better to go slow.

Good luck!
  • dwood1231
    dwood1231 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I too am looking to lose 80#, don't see it happening by April 21. I am going to make it (at some point) hope we can be some help to each other. A jurney off 1000 miles startes with a first step.
  • jpads1234
    jpads1234 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Great attitude, I'm trying to drop 100lb myself but going to try and do it in a year, :smile:
  • jmcowan42
    jmcowan42 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Try to lose 10 lbs a month for 8 months.

80 lbs in 4 months is just unrealistic unless you have some sort of surgery.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I too am looking to lose 80#, don't see it happening by April 21. I am going to make it (at some point) hope we can be some help to each other. A jurney off 1000 miles startes with a first step.

It's also said that a journey of 1000 miles should not be attempted as a sprint.

(Okay, fine, perhaps the only person who has ever said this is me...right this moment...but it's still relevant.)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 39 in 4 months.

80 sounds pretty unrealistic.

Clean eating is the way i go. Cut out carbs and sugars- obviously not all. Anything that comes prepackaged is probably not good for you ex cakes, snacks ect... Cut out salts, frozen meet also contains a high salt intake...i guess thats how it stays good for so long. And i am not talking about food you freeze yourself. Try to prepare food in advance that way you have it ready and no need to eat out.

I find county calories nearly impossible. Different portions have a different colorie intake. So for me it does not work :)

Good luck on your journey

:huh:

That is the whole idea of counting calories.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Great attitude, I'm trying to drop 100lb myself but going to try and do it in a year, :smile:

and THIS is why you will likely succeed.

youre allowing for ~2lbs/week loss. perfect.

good luck man!
  • leanby40
    Options
    As much as I want to dream I could do it, 80 lbs in 4 months isn't realistic for me. I know, I've set out to do it many times. Only resulted in me becoming a yoyo dieter. This time around if I can lose 20 lbs in 4 months, I'll be peachy keen as long as I dieted without too much stress.
  • evangelistjcmayo
    evangelistjcmayo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am with you. Fairly new myself. Need to loose 100 pounds.
  • 10manda86
    10manda86 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hello (: As you have probably read, I'm trying to lose 80 lbs by April 21st, I begin the diet tomorrow, December 18th.
    I just joined MFP and I'm hoping to make friends to help me stay on track (:
    Feel free to add your diet goals below and add me as a friend (:
    Even better if we have similar stats or if you log in daily (:
    Thanks!

There is a group 30lb by march1st if you want to join