Boxing VS Weightlifting VS Girls

Options
hey guys, kind need a sense of direction here. I was just concerned with how to approach some of my goals msot effectiveley. I am an aspirirng boxer who trains everyday, but is also looking to start lifting 4x a week. I use the FST-7 Workout formula that I found on here, one day arms, one day chest, legs, back etc. My other main goal is to get sexy aestichatically so I can bang some hot chicks as I'm in college right now. So I want to effectivley lose fat and gain muscle. I heard too much cardio causes skinny fat look. I dont wanna lose muscle. I wanna make gains! soooo.. When whould I lift before or after? how often? is this an effective weightlfiting routine? over training? how can I be more efficient? should I cut down boxing? help is appreciated

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Few thoughts:

If you're an aspiring boxer, you should be boxing.

Boxing isn't particularly similar to doing an elliptical, and doesn't seem to result in "skinny fat".

You appear to have a decent musculature, and dropping a few percent body fat will result in aesthetic advantage even without muscle gain.

FST-7 is a bodybuilding routine, and not oriented toward anything that would help boxing (explosion, core strength, mobility, endurance) or even general athleticism - basically, it wouldn't be a recommended program for any athlete, including strength sports. You probably want to focus on athletic strength training instead.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    You're not going to make gains and lose fat at the same time (at least nothing measurable).
  • moeisreal
    Options
    you recommend I ditch the FST-7? so a full body workout would work better for me?
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    you recommend I ditch the FST-7? so a full body workout would work better for me?

Here's the problem:
    Mayweather - bodyweight and conditioning.
    Pac-man - bodyweight and conditioning.
    Jones - bodyweight and conditioning.
    Klitschko - bodyweight and conditioning.

Their training is hugely biased toward not training with heavy weights. None of them are looking for show muscles.

I've noticed a few MMA routines that do incorporate lifting, so maybe look into that if you want to hit the weights.