Can someone look at my food diary

Options
Hello, ive been eating like this for about 3-4 weeks now and my weight just stays the same and doesn't budge, I'm also having trouble eating that much in one day and I'm finding it hard to reach my 1800 calories. so if anyone could give some advice on what they think about my diary and what they would change I would appreciate it a lot!

Replies

• holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    3-4 weeks is not very long to base it off of. It can take months for your body to catch up with your mindset, also, I looked through about a week and only saw food logged for one day. consistency is key. log everyday, don't under eat or overeat and good things will come.
  • Pandora_King
    Options
    Your diary only shows one day of food so that's not helpful.

I noticed you did not log an exercise. Is this the same everyday? You might be eating at maintenance and so without exercise or a calorie deficit, you will stay even.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Log consistently. Weigh food with a food scale.

And check this out:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • alanw1003
    Options
    I eat this everyday I just decided to post the log to see what I can change
  • kcb0308
    kcb0308 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Try drinking about 2-3 times that amount of water. You are below the minimum recommended 8 cups per day.
  • bryntevans01
    bryntevans01 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Can you tell me your age, height, weight current activity level on a normal working day and what exercise you currently do and how many days a week your doing it. It's a lot but I may know why! .....
  • rogerou812
    Options
    Lower you fat intake what they give in theses logs is way more than I ever do I keep mine at 30 if I can max and eat more fiber then keep calories at what's recommended
  • alanw1003
    Options
    Can you tell me your age, height, weight current activity level on a normal working day and what exercise you currently do and how many days a week your doing it. It's a lot but I may know why! .....

I'm 22, 5'10" and I weigh 233 lbs. right now I'm a stay at home dad and I jump roap for 15 min I do 2 sets of max rep pushups twice a day for 4 days a week
  • Pandora_King
    Options
    If you are consistently eating that amount of calories then I would say exercise is the problem. The best exercise for someone your weight is simply walking. I walk 90 minutes a day and am consistently losing weight.

A lot of people don't know that they are consuming more calories than they are. They forget to add things like margarine, cooking spray, oils, sugar in coffee, creamer and milk, mayonnaise, etc... That stuff adds up fast!

I would suggest to log everyday, every single thing you eat, down to the crumb. And get a food scale. Guessing portion size is not very accurate. With that, and more exercise, you should see yourself losing weight soon.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Lower you fat intake what they give in theses logs is way more than I ever do I keep mine at 30 if I can max and eat more fiber then keep calories at what's recommended

I disagree - your body needs fat to function. i'd suggest eating more fat! (but good fats, not canola oil).fat is calorie dense so you can easily increase you calories. you also need more protein.

where are your vegetables? (corn is not a vegetable, canned vegies are not as nutrient dense as fresh/frozen, and you need way more!).

i'd suggest eating a proper breakfast, protein, fats and vegetables, and include more vegetables with lunch and dinner.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Try drinking about 2-3 times that amount of water. You are below the minimum recommended 8 cups per day.

There is no reason for a "minimum" of 8 cups of water a day, for weight loss or any other reason. One should drink enough water to be properly hydrated so that they do not retain water weight or mistake thirst for hunger, but that's it. If your urine is pale yellow as opposed to bright or dark yellow, you're getting plenty of water.