1st day starting focus T25 alpha.

Options
Any one else doing focus t25? Its my fist day and i'm the type of person that needs a work out buddy to motivate me and push each other. lets do a group and post before and after pictures .

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm just about to start week 3. I love it! Cardio is one of my favourites.
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    We have a really nice challenge group with over 200 members, you are welcome to join us ! https://www.facebook.com/groups/393317764079633/
  • NorCal311
    NorCal311 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am doing it, and it is over before you know it! Very good workout.
  • juls313b
    juls313b Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    im very excited about this work out, I did cardio, but some how my legs are extremely sore
  • sj2201
    sj2201 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday. I enjoyed today's workout! Add me if you want :)
  • BePawsitive
    BePawsitive Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the noobie T25 club. I am a noobie too... I am enjoying it. Short and sweet... :happy:
  • AnnaYESiCANdoIT
    AnnaYESiCANdoIT Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    what are the differences between t25 alpha, gamma and Focuz T25. I really want to get this and just am curious which is the best? thanks!
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    what are the differences between t25 alpha, gamma and Focuz T25. I really want to get this and just am curious which is the best? thanks!

Focus T25 is name of the program. Alpha, Beta and Gamma are the name of each different phase. The program is divided into 3 phases of 5 weeks each: Alpha, Beta and you can buy the Gamma phase separately.

If you are interested in the program, you can buy it for something like 120$ and the Gamma kit is 60$.
  • _rachel_k
    _rachel_k Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 of alpha. I think the inserts in my shoes are hindering me since they make my feet hurt but I'm determined to NOT modify for most of the 25 minutes
  • vbodyme
    vbodyme Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    As mentioned, the program named "FOCUS T25" is divided in 3 stages -

- Alpha (5 weeks long) is the 1st stage teaches you how to do the moved and how to get focused before workouts get intense.
    - Beta (5 weeks long) works on your core so it's strong to support the rest of the body. A specific group of muscle is worked to near fatigue, before you move to another and work it again to near fatigue. Workouts mostly use just your body weight.
    - Gamma (4 weeks long), a separate set of dvds, focuses on adding muscle, involving a lot more weights.

I'm currently doing GAMMA.

If you're looking into trying T25, I recommend looking into P90X3 as well since the results with P90X3 program are great too and you get a discount this month - I can help you with that .. just message me or add me. First determine what are your goals and compare both programs.. They're both different workouts and both provide great results. Both offer short workouts per day
  • 123whit
    Options
    I too started T25 this past Monday.
    Days 1 & 2 rocked, this morning day 3 kinda got me since I can't seem to do pushups properly and it was unclear what the 'modified' version was since I couldn't see her (not much camera on her)
    But I'm pumped & so ready for this workout!
    I tried INSANITY last year, made it through weeks 1-5 then it just seemed to eat at me going into week 6 and I quit. Hoping the shorter workouts of the T25 will help me stick with it!
  • _rachel_k
    _rachel_k Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    123whit: modified pushups are just with your knees on the ground. I find modified just as hard as regular ones because I have a hard time figuring out where my hands go (when my arms are extended I seem to be far away from my hands, but when I go to the floor my hands are under my shoulders)
  • juls313b
    juls313b Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you guys, but I loved the burpees yesterday. ( day 2 of gamma) today will be day 3, but yesterday I ate a huge wet burrito at 2 am.. so ya I suck.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you guys, but I loved the burpees yesterday. ( day 2 of gamma) today will be day 3, but yesterday I ate a huge wet burrito at 2 am.. so ya I suck.

I HATE burpies- with a passion!
  • melodymist
    melodymist Posts: 43 Member
    Options

I'm on Alpha W2D4. Can I also just say that I love burpees..but Mountain Climbers. HELL NO!!!!
  • thintami2
    thintami2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    starting tomorrow, found a complete set on craigslist, it's on its way. Excited to get started, any other teachers starting winter break?
  • rhoule76
    rhoule76 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I just looked it up and it sounds awesome. I may have to ask hubby to get it for me for Christmas! Good luck and can't wait to see your results.
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    I am on week 2 of Alpha and loving it. Last week I totally sucked and struggled through every video. I am doing MUCH better this week and it has become fun for me. Feel free to add me. I am on here every day. It sucks the groups are on Facebook, as I don't do Facebook. Oh well.
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options

I'm on Alpha W2D4. Can I also just say that I love burpees..but Mountain Climbers. HELL NO!!!!

Burpees are pretty cool, but Mountain Climbers reallly, really suck!!!
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am on Week 3 Day 4. :) Loving it!