Heart rate/calories burned monitor?

Options
I'm a relatively active person (exercising 5-6 days a week). I'd like to be able to accurately track how many calories I'm burning during my work outs, while also being able to see my heartrate so I can keep it in my ideal zone (between 135-160). There's so many options on the market. I don't need anything fancy that tracks through my whole day or my sleep cycle or connects to my phone. I just want to look down, see what I just burned, and be done with it. Suggestions? Experiences? Thanks so much!

Replies

• Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I'm a relatively active person (exercising 5-6 days a week). I'd like to be able to accurately track how many calories I'm burning during my work outs, while also being able to see my heartrate so I can keep it in my ideal zone (between 135-160). There's so many options on the market. I don't need anything fancy that tracks through my whole day or my sleep cycle or connects to my phone. I just want to look down, see what I just burned, and be done with it. Suggestions? Experiences? Thanks so much!

I have a Timeex ironman... you have to wear a chest strap with it ... most annoying thing ever!!!! It's been nothing more than a watch after like 2 weeks of playing and adjusting the ****ing strap constantly ... also as a guy ... looks super weird and get allot of questions about it. Unless your wearing a sweater it's pretty apparent something is there... mind you... your a girl and have them boobs ... so ppl might just think it's part of your bra.

Works fine I guess... I realized I burn allot more calories then I thought I did ... like allot!!!

Also people monitoring their calorie burns in their sleep are crazy !!! (or day to day activities like walking to the bathroom isn't a ducking calorie burn!) that's taking things way to far ... professional bodybuilders don't even do that... that's some inexperienced person trying to take things to the max or just pretending like they do.
  • carri1234
    carri1234 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I found a nice Timex for $50 at Kohl's. It is basic and I use it to track my calories during Zumba! I love it. It doesn't have a chest strap, only watch style. I like this better because I just place my finger on the face of it and it reads my heart rate. I have compared with the measured heart rate on the treadmill and it is comparable.